NAUTO is an autonomous car startup on a mission to make cities safer and more efficient with better drivers. We're looking for engineering and business professionals who love to design, build and scale real-time distributed systems to join our growing team in Palo Alto.
Merging artificial intelligence with computer vision, Nauto’s systems detect and react to what’s happening on the road ahead of a driver and within the vehicle. Nauto algorithms sense when there is an issue on the road ahead, or a distraction within the vehicle, and helps the driver respond. Nauto also automatically understands when a collision is about to happen, and records the scene inside and outside of the car then. Images and data about the incident are stored in the cloud, and can be shared via Nauto’s app and fleet management tools.
Nauto is selling to automobile OEMs, insurance providers and commercial fleets. Its systems are running on several classes of high-volume commercial vehicles. Investors in our recent A-round included Andy Rubin’s Playground Global, Draper Nexus and strategics such as BMW, Toyota, Allianz.
Long-term, Nauto will continue to partner with auto manufacturers to evolve its systems from an onboard safety AI into a platform that becomes the brain controlling autonomous vehicles. As the ODM /NPI manager, you are responsible for managing all aspects of Nauto’s hardware implementation with our ODM partner
The role includes independent ownership of
- Hardware and firmware schedule and quality (considering cost goals)
- Issue tracking and resolution
- Management of test builds and mass production including test implementation
Essential job functions and specific responsibilities include: ODM Management
- Build detailed schedules for all ODM and CM projects
- Track performance against schedules
- Comprehensively manage all EE, ME and FW topics with ODMs and CMs
- Track compliance of implementation against PRD
- Surface and escalate critical issues to management
- Track issues and report status to management
- Facilitate schedule alignment between all company functions, especially between HW and SW
- Drive root cause analysis for technical issues
- Drive approvals and certifications
Essential job functions and specific responsibilities include: NPI
- Support and guide EVT, DVT and PVT builds
- Align test solutions with QA and drive implementation with ODM/CM
- Drive root cause analysis for manufacturing issues
- Facilitate stage gate process reviews and declarations
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Passion for solving complex problems
- Technically proficient with solutions involving a mix of hardware, software, firmware and back-end SaaS services.
- Startup and big company experience desired
- Mandarin language is strongly desired
- Team minded - Passionate about making your team, and the individuals on it, amazing.
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to execution/hustle.
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision and get things done.
- You have a great eye for talent and experience as an essential part of the hiring process. Know everything starts with great people and you’re committed to keeping the bar high.
- Exceptional communication skills - Experience with polished written, verbal, visual, and presentation communication. You should have experience communicating with multiple levels of an organization.
- Experience working on cross-functional product teams - you’ve successfully collaborated with other product managers, engineers, markers, and UX designers.
- Entrepreneurial - experience playing an integral part at founding of teams & companies.
- Resourceful - you’re a hustler and you find ways to get things done even in the face of adversity.
- Flexible - comfortable with a role that evolves as the team does.
- Track record of thinking and acting globally - ideally you’ve been on global teams before.
- Proactive connector - you think beyond your organization to see the bridges that need to be built with other orgs. You proactively make those connections.
- You are organized and great at moving multiple initiatives forward in parallel.
- Deep and demonstrated analytical skills, decision-making and judgment capability.
Experience & Education
- 5+ years excelling in EE or ME roles in consumer electronics – an engineering alrounder
- Proven ability to bring CE products to market
- 5+ years experience with ODM/CM
- Bachelor’s Degree
Read Full Description
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built to get around safely. We’re not just another app, we’re moving real people and goods and helping to reinvent transportation and logistics
- Beautiful modern work space. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment