NAUTO is an autonomous car startup on a mission to make cities safer and more efficient with better drivers. We're looking for engineering and business professionals who love to design, build and scale real-time distributed systems to join our growing team in Palo Alto.
Merging artificial intelligence with computer vision, Nauto’s systems detect and react to what’s happening on the road ahead of a driver and within the vehicle. Nauto algorithms sense when there is an issue on the road ahead, or a distraction within the vehicle, and helps the driver respond. Nauto also automatically understands when a collision is about to happen, and records the scene inside and outside of the car then. Images and data about the incident are stored in the cloud, and can be shared via Nauto’s app and fleet management tools.
Nauto is selling to automobile OEMs, insurance providers and commercial fleets. Its systems are running on several classes of high-volume commercial vehicles. Investors in our recent A-round included Andy Rubin’s Playground Global, Draper Nexus and strategics such as BMW, Toyota, Allianz.
Long-term, Nauto will continue to partner with auto manufacturers to evolve its systems from an onboard safety AI into a platform that becomes the brain controlling autonomous vehicles.
The Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of the hottest Silicon Valley start-ups in the computer vision and self-driving car space.
This is a critical role as it interfaces between Nauto drivers, fleet owners and automotive OEMs to cultivate the Nauto brand and build demand for the service.
This role calls for a combination of marketing, business development, sales, strategy, and analytics. The Marketing Manager will execute initiatives that span partnerships, driver experience, brand, content, campaigns, conversion analytics, business development, and sales.
You'll be tasked with growing brand awareness in the US and our first export markets, marketing Nauto’s systems in the most efficient and engaging way possible. You’ll knock down doors and pursue any crazy idea to help grow Nauto. You should be as comfortable giving a 15-second elevator pitch about Nauto to a stranger as you are to digging into promo analytics. You’ll focus on scalable efforts that can be replicated in multiple markets by targeting events and partnerships.
You need to be passionate about technology, comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving data-rich real-world problems, and above all, thrive in a startup culture.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Nauto drivers and clients are able to experience the magic of having Nauto’s AI-system on-board.
The role includes ownership of following:
1. Managing and delivering portfolio-level Marketing projects and capabilities
2. Planning, coordination, project management, and execution of events and channels
3. Coordinating and drafting of Marketing plans and budgets including major briefings/presentations (e.g., annual operating plans, board meetings, road shows, town halls)
4. Providing day-to-day operational support and coordination of Marketing activities
5. Special ad hoc projects with high level of strategic and analytical skills required.
You'll be tasked with growing brand awareness and marketing Nauto in the most efficient and engaging way possible.
Essential job functions and responsibilities
- Build our driver, channel partner and client base.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns. Provide sales support materials.
- Execute Marketing elements of strategic partnerships and help drive business development.
- Work closely with VP/GMs of Fleets, Automotive-OEMs and Insurance to coordinate annual strategic and operating plan process, organizing closely with the multiple Leadership Teams.
- Proactively identify business challenges and opportunities; generate recommendations.
- In partnership with the Leadership Team, help shape cohesive goals and value proposition for the company, providing input into product design, marketing/branding materials, communications, global town halls, website, etc.
- Develop and promote culture initiatives to foster an environment that is characterized by leadership, innovation, ownership, functional excellence, collaboration, pride, trust and overall job satisfaction.
- Take a leadership role on the formulation and execution of transformative Marketing projects.
- From a financial performance perspective, work with Leadership Team members to identify opportunities for efficiencies in Marketing expenditures.
- Prepare reliable, high quality briefings, presentations, talking points, and internal communications as well as effectively convey key messages to critical constituents and content providers to ensure clarity of scope and objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Partnership, field, experiential, and content marketing experience.
- Sales and business development experience.
- Managing integrated marketing campaigns from inception to completion.
- You’re a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Born to network and negotiate. If there’s a major event in town, you know about it and know how to get in and build out your contact list.
- A self-starter. You can see marketing opportunities and run with them.
- From cold-calling a conference or event, to doing post-promo analysis on how well the event went, you can own a project from start-to-finish and bring Nauto to the world.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results.
- Data-driven. You have strong excel skills and can do post-promo analysis on how well a partnership went with your eyes closed. When we say A/B testing, you know what we’re talking about.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for advanced degree holders who have a focus in mathematics, statistics, business or medicine/science.
- Significant experience working directly with senior executives.
- Broad knowledge of the tech industry and startup environment.
- Flexible. You are able to travel to get things running.
Read Full Description
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built to get around safely. We’re not just another app, we’re moving real people and goods and helping to reinvent transportation and logistics
- Beautiful modern workspace. Company cafeteria for three meals per day if you like.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.