Improbable’s mission is to make new realities possible. These realities will enrich the human experience, underpin superior decisions, be the foundation for new businesses and create insights into how the universe works.
Our first product is SpatialOS; a distributed operating system capable of producing consequential, persistent simulations at unprecedented scale. SpatialOS is being deployed in many progressive game studios and the most critical government institutions across the world.
We are a British technology company with an internationally diverse workforce, unified by our desire to achieve extraordinary things. Fulfilling our long-term vision requires solving some of the most interesting and difficult problems on earth; the journey to new realities provides continuous progression and development opportunities for our world class problem solvers.
The Talent Team sits within People Operations and is tasked with attracting and hiring exceptional talent from across the globe. We’re known for our detail-oriented approach, particularly using novel methods, which has led to the acquisition of our incredible people to date. We changed the landscape of how start-ups scale when we invested early in the team, and that investment continues as we enter our next stage of ambitious growth. We have multiple roles available.
Acting as a business partner and advisor to our hiring managers, you will quickly gain trust and respect as you shape roles, organise priorities, develop interview processes and advise on smart hiring strategies. You care deeply about managing expectations and providing realistic insights using data and analytics, as well as trusting your creative gut when boldness is required. You know what it takes to hire exceptional talent.
You will own the hiring process, engaging and guiding exceptional candidates through to offer stage from across the globe. You will articulate what it means to be Improbable, present our vision/culture/values and describe the future opportunities for progression. You will use your emotional intelligence and natural personality to develop lasting relationships with a diverse range of candidates, whilst inquisitively exploring their compatibility in a thorough qualification process with a considerably high bar.
You know what makes a great candidate, and will use your experience to manage the candidate pipeline effectively. You will generate your own candidates via referrals, online channels, events etc. whilst also engaging with the candidates generated by our Sourcers. Your priority is delivering on requirements with the best possible candidate (regardless of the source) and ensuring the Improbable standard is never dropped.
Being a Recruiter at Improbable is a career choice with considerable development potential. Your mission involves creating a best-in-class organisation to the envy of technology companies across the globe. You will be working in a high-intensity team where everybody’s throughput is paramount and the expectations are considerable. We’re looking for trailblazers with a unique and dedicated style who want to play a fundamental part in creating something extraordinary.
Other than being an exemplar of our values, we’re looking for multiple people who fit the following profile:
• Experience within a technical recruitment/sourcing environment, tasked with hiring on behalf of ‘technology first’ organisations
• Exceptional written and verbal English - inviting, compelling, influential, thoughtful, articulate
• High levels of emotional intelligence - able to interpret, anticipate, empathise and adjust in every scenario
• Recruitment scars - you’re able to anticipate and act based on previous experiences given the warning signs
• Organised, methodical, timely, structured, efficient and precise
• Natural networker, able to slowly and tactfully extract information
• Article 50 will never prevent you from hiring the best in the world
The following would be advantageous:
• Have hired talent from across the globe, either for international offices or relocation to the UK/Europe
• Experience as a Sourcer - very comfortable with boolean searching using an array of hiring sources, channels and techniques (such as hacking GitHub, StackOverflow, x-ray searching, scraping, social media, SQL querying etc)
• Comfortable/appreciation for both technical and non-technical roles for the wider business
• Knowledge of any other language