PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
We are passionate about being data and technically agile and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
This amazing opportunity is within our BITS team! More information on this group below.
See below for an exciting opportunity to join our Process and Quality Optimization Team as Principal Programmer Analyst
- Join the Bios Infrastructure, Tools and Standards (BITS) team, and collaborate with other BITS members on process improvement initiatives.
- Develop, refine, and maintain .NET applications that will streamline Biostatistics and Programming deliveries.
- Incorporate feedback from users into existing applications.
- Assess current applications to determine where they can be improved and extended.
- Train project teams on how to optimize their use of BITS applications.
Education and Experience:
- MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, or related field and at least 6 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification, and at least 8 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- .NET application development experience in Windows is required.
- Experience with Active Directory and NTSF file permissions is also required.
- Experience with these is desired:
- Windows Services
- SAS Grid Architecture
- SAS Open Metadata Interface
- SAS Web Infrastructure Platform (WIP)
- SQL Databases
- Ability to collaborate with other application developers to achieve on-time releases
- Ability to provide mentorship and promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Proven performance of required tasks, as evidenced in outstanding performance in current tasks and/or documented record of accomplishments
- Evidence of strong management skills, as shown through management of multiple projects and/or staff members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update for U.S. Colleagues
Read Full Description
- All U.S. colleagues are required to report vaccination status. New hires will be asked to report vaccination status within the first two weeks of employment.
- All U.S. new hires who are in the following job categories must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment or request an accommodation: executive director level and above, client-facing commercial, clinical research associates (CRAs), remote site monitors-local (RSM-L) all CRA and RSM-L line managers, clinic-based staff in early development services and accelerated enrollment solutions, and FSP within analytical services division roles. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon first day of employment and are required to report vaccination status within first two weeks of employment.