Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 172053
Intuitive Surgical: What Matters
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will play a lead technical role during the development of new medical robotic systems. The engineer will be expected to work with a team that conceptualizes, designs, and develops all user interaction aspects for such a robot. Successful candidates will have significant experience in working with all algorithm, software, and hardware aspects of complex electro-mechanical devices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop new algorithms and software implementations in the area of medical navigation and user interface design
• Prototype and iterate on these designs, develop tests, and deliver production ready code
• Generate formal design documentation
• Document, prepare and review patent submissions
• MS or PhD in CS, EE, ME, BioE or related fields and 5 years of industry experience
• Great communication skills
• Strong programming skills in C++
• Extensive experience developing real-time computer vision and signal processing algorithms
• Extensive experience with medical image data and registration algorithms
• Extensive experience with applied robotics and sensor fusion algorithms
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot and debug complex systems
• Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning a strong plus
• Experience with development in Linux a strong plus
• Experience with medical devices and product development in a regulated industry a plus
• Experience with control of mechanical systems a plus
• Experience with CUDA, VTK/ITK, physics based simulation a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.