- Is directly responsible for all elements of project management from BOD to commissioning and handover and ensures that all project objectives are met on schedule, safely and within budgetary limits. Project management duties include:
- Scheduling, budgeting, coordinating project objectives within budgetary limits and reporting status.
- Vendor and equipment investigation, selection, price negotiation, coordination, and procurement efforts related to projects.
- CER development and submission, including the development of presentations to facilitate funding approvals.
- Preparation and review of scope documents, job specifications and drawings.
- Supervising contractors in the execution of projects and in the commissioning and handover to Operations
- Facilitates project reviews and stakeholder meetings and provides the necessary reports on project progress and budget status.
- Utilizes a systematic approach to project management and promotes the use of tools for continuous improvement.
- Works across Regional boundaries and provides support to local Bakery Operations and Maintenance Teams to ensure the timely completion of small-budget projects.
- Manages regional multi-year Capital Program, including plan development and regular reporting on project status, commitments, and spending.
- Supervises Engineering resources in the execution of project management activities and provides mentoring and development activities for the same.
- Interacts with Business Units and Division Supply Chain teams, along with Corporate Support Services, to share best practices, upgrade common work processes, and provide feedback on vendor and equipment performance and input for continuous improvement.
- Uses a playbook approach to bakeries Maintenance functional improvement including:
- Analysis and Prioritization of Reliability issues
- Evaluating Maintenance Program effectiveness through auditing, gap analyses, and development of remediation plans
- Storeroom Parts right sizing and optimization audits
- Auditing personnel skill sets, identifying gaps and developing appropriate training plans
- Setting Measurement systems in place to assure progress
- Challenging the Bakery Team toward CI
- As Subject Matter Expert, generates engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations.
- Assists in management of equipment supplier related issues causing inefficiencies, regulatory, safety and/or quality problems.
- Ensures equipment is in compliance with all sanitation, safety and environmental requirements by local and federal regulatory authorities.
- Supervises Engineering resources in the execution of reliability improvement activities and provides mentoring and development activities for same.
- B.S. Engineering (any discipline) preferred
- Experience of 10 years of reliability engineering and project management in food engineering.
- Knowledge of asset care and maintenance management. Preferred experience in SAP maintenance management.
- Experienced in Maintenance KPIs utilized to improve Maintenance performance resulting in best class uptime.
- Experience leading engineering teams both at the corporate and operations levels.
- The leadership style and mental agility to move effectively between strategic roles and hands-on execution roles.
- Successful leadership over diverse types of capital projects from simple to complex. Ability to manage projects from feasibility thru start-up and performance validation.
- Knowledge of current personnel safety, food safety, and environmental and regulatory compliance issues related to manufacturing and in the food industry.
- Experience applying engineering knowledge cross-functionally to support new food development and commercialization in specialty foods categories.
About Electrical Automation Services
We work directly with our clients to help them find highly qualified candidates with in the manufacturing industry. Our process is quick and easy, we interview you and discuss the company any opportunity and if it seems like a fit we move forward with a onsite interview. We only deal with direct hire positions.
Read Full Description