Cosentini Associates (http://www.cosentini.com/), a Tetra Tech company, has an opportunity for a Project Control Specialist position in the Accounting Department in New York City. The company uses an Oracle ERP system, so hands on experience with Projects, Billing and AP modules is desired. Cosentini is an Engineering Design firm with over 250 employees, located at 2 Penn Plaza, directly over Penn Station – an easy commute.
The position’s duties may include:
· Provide support to project managers to ensure that all contracting, financial, and administrative aspects of their projects are compliant.
· Weekly monitoring of all financial reports to ensure that all project /AR/ unbilled issues are identified, communicated, and resolved within a timely manner.
· Assist project managers with the development of project plans, including developing and maintaining schedule, tracking hours and dollars from proposal through end of project.
· Identification of mitigation measures and any out of scope work , while assisting with the preparation of change orders.
· Partner with project managers and accounting through daily interaction to ensure that all project schedules/ deliverables correlate with existing budgets, billing, and revenue recognized in the financial system.
· Audit Support and Sarbanes Oxley compliance. Assist Controller and VP of project management to ensure that all procedures are processed adequately throughout the duration of the project. This includes the project initiation setup and quarterly project cost estimating review processes.
· Coordinate project logistics – develop an organized, reliable process that yields results for projects and records for retention/reference.
· Assist with the preparation of annual/quarterly/monthly financial forecasts and additional service tracking.
· Work with clients to ensure that all derivations or requested backup have been submitted to ensure quicker processing of change orders and/or payments.
· Deliver project process outcomes.
· Participate in weekly studio meetings – for understanding projects and for relationship building; need to demonstrate sincere interest by actively listening, questioning for clarity and understanding, and contribution.
· Develop expertise in Project Analysis, problem solving, and PM assistance.
Why join Cosentini?
We desire the following prior experience:
· At least 5 years in functional areas of accounting or administrative experience, preferably in a business where project based accounting is performed.
· Financial reporting, analysis & accounting experience in professional service industry (i.e A/E firms).
· Knowledge of project accounting/percentage completion accounting practices.
· Project Management understanding and experience.
· Candidate should have a high level of confidence with their math skills, which enable them to quickly learn and understand project financial metrics such as project revenue, cost, overhead, and profitability.
· High proficiency with Oracle ERP system or a similar accounting/ project management system is ideal.
· Individual should have strong verbal and written communication skills to listen to and understand the needs of both the project managers and the accounting team.
Candidates must have a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
United States-NY-US-New York
Nov 16, 2016, 8:00:04 PM