At Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for honoring our commitment to excellence, pushing the boundaries and transforming the patient experience, every day.
We all have the power to help, heal and change lives — beginning with our own. That’s the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health System team, and The Power of Every One.
RN Hospital - 10M Telemetry Stepdown Unit 11a-11p
Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital
Medical and Surgical Unit 10M-Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital
Join Cleveland Clinic’s Mercy Hospital is now a full member of the Cleveland Clinic health system, while maintaining its Catholic identity through sponsorship by the sisters of Charity of St. Augustine. Becoming a full member of Cleveland Clinic brings many benefits, including expanding high-quality services; improving technology; providing support and investment to address additional needs in the community; building opportunities for physician collaboration; and increasing the ease of access to the most highly specialized services for patients in Stark County and surrounding communities.
At Mercy Hospital as an Experienced Registered Nurse, you will be providing direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. Your primary duties will include:
- Monitoring, recording, and communicating patient's conditions.
- Administering prescribed medication and treatments to patients.
- Coordinating the patient’s discharge planning needs with members of family and healthcare team.
- Evaluating and revising plans of care to facilitate achievement plans and expected outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate is someone who:
- Possesses exceptional communication and relationship-building skills.
- Is passionate
- Encourage and motivate people to make positive changes
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with co-workers and patients.
- Has the ability to problem solve and de-escalate crisis situations.
This Registered Nurse position offers multiple experiences for both new graduates and experienced nurses. In this position, you will work in a close-knit, team-building community that will assist you to improve your long-term work log.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand in hand.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered.
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC - adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis, and being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Read Full Description