- Provide engineering support on equipment projects.
- Conceptualize mechanical design solutions.
- Perform creation of design layouts.
- Perform creation of detail drawings.
- Perform tolerance studies and check design documentation.
- Create equipment manuals and facilitate quality documentation processes.
- Research and specify purchased component parts.
- Create component and system level test plans and test fixtures.
- Create engineering reports documenting design efforts and results.
- Work with operations to identify product improvements and/or resolve manufacturing problems.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Design subsystems, assemblies, and their components to meet customer and internal requirements within budget and schedule constraints.
- Create bills of materials and drawings to support new designs.
- Revise drawings and bills of materials for existing designs.
- Create operational and service manuals for equipment.
- Perform validation and verification of designs in accordance with established industry standards and engineering best practices.
- Prepare stress analysis, hydraulic diagrams, and critical assembly instructions.
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability, and manufacturability.
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Project Engineering, and Project Management
- Collaborate with Project Engineering and Project Management on design tasks.
- Cooperate with other engineers on detailed design work
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s)
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or offshore when required
- Communication, able to express relevant information appropriately, clearly, correctly, and succinctly
- Able to use assigned software/programs
- Able to plan and organize work
- Creative thinking to generate innovative and creative solutions
Read Full Description
- Position is onsite located in Anderson, Texas.
- Declared a major in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Designer, Engineering Technology and Aerospace Engineering or similar discipline.
- Completed 24+ hours, 6 hours within core engineering classes