- This position may work from Chesterfield, MO or Toronto Canada ***
The VP & Actuary, Asset Liability Management position wil collaborate in leading, developing and managing all aspects of the Asset/Liability Management (ALM) strategy and process at RGA globally. Develop, implement, monitor, and adapt ALM strategies to address changes in market conditions, company risk profile, company financial objectives, and various regulatory constraints. Maintain, enhance and coordinate ALM systems, processes and consistent, integrated ALM framework across the global organization, which includes identifying both qualitative and quantitative properties of all liabilities so that appropriate investment guidelines and strategies can be developed.
- Define and implement overall and segment specific ALM strategies and make recommendations on what actions need to be taken to add value and manager risk for the Business Segments, Legal Entities and RGA Consolidated.
- Partner with segments to review and integrate the segment ALM analysis with the global ALM program and identify risk offsets.
- Member of the enterprise-wide ALM working group which will identify opportunities and propose recommendation to enhance value through effective management of our market risks. Provide leadership and assist in identifying best practices and introduce standards and methods for management of market risks.
- Partner with Investments in identifying opportunities for adding value and managing market risk exposures with alternative portfolios, asset classes, derivatives, etc.
- Lead and coordinate development of enterprise-wide analysis tools to support ALM strategy. Enhance, maintain and promote enterprise-wide strategic allocation methodology and process.
- Lead development and enhancement of key metrics in assessing market risk throughout the RGA Enterprise including: interest rate, inflation, currency, real estate and equity risks. Also, take into consideration constraints including: liquidity, capital requirements, and net income. Develop tools to communicate key market risk metrics throughout the RGA Enterprise to include communication with senior management, board, rating agencies, regulators, etc.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance and performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or related field
- 10 -15 years of insurance industry experience
- 5+ years of related ALM and/or capital markets experience
- FSA accreditation
- CFA or advanced degrees
- Experience with Prophet, BlackRock, Intex, ADCo, Tableau
Skills and Abilities
- Highly collaborative and positive approach, with strong BU CRO-level consultative and influencing skills.
- Technical skills related to simulation of asset and liability cash flows, capital markets and asset management strategies.
- Results-oriented with the ability to emphasize practical application and tangible value creation over theory or process.
- Ability to be flexible in understanding and assimilating alternate views and working with a variety of constituents with the potential to implement change, ensuring understanding, participation and ownership by key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and allocate time appropriately among them including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Articulate, with advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Leads and mentors a team and creates a positive and productive working environment with a culture of accountability and performance excellence.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of US Statutory, Risk Based Capital (RBC), US GAAP, and Economic Capital models.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $178,400 to $271,845 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location.
Read Full Description