PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Analytics & Business Solutions Translator in Data and Analytics, as part of an Acceleration Team, will act as a liaison between data and analytics experts and our business partners, translating business needs into use cases and requirements for rapid response data labs and analytics MVPs (Minimal Viable Product). The Translator will ensure that the end requirements for data and analytics will meet the business needs and will be actionable and produce measurable results. The Translator will draw on their extensive business domain knowledge and their working knowledge of data, data quality and management, and analytics to help the Business shape their requirements and the analytics team shape their designs to produce a quality product that is accepted and adopted by the Business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data literacy—the ability to describe business use cases and outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches and options; the ability to translate among the languages used by executives, business, IT, and other stakeholders
- Displays thorough understanding of business processes, functionality, and performance measures. Uses appropriate analytical methods and tools to perform work and recommend solutions to meet business needs.
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a process overview, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying needs.
- Contributes to the design of technical solutions to meet business needs for data/analytics which requires the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Tests and ensures the reliability of data for solutions using queries and analytical techniques during the design, development, and testing phases.
- Oversees pilot/MVP preparation, supports the completion of appropriate testing and sign off.
- Contribute to functionality and process design for enhancing or creating Business Intelligence solutions.
- Collaborate with Data Management team to identify business data needs and participate in data modeling/mapping activities.
- Develops and maintains a documentation system containing user specifications, metric definitions and rules, program documentation, version control, and other appropriate documentation.
- Ensures all data analyses are conducted in compliance with HIPAA and other pertinent regulatory requirements and that all solutions comply with all privacy and security guidelines.
- Performs work with limited direction. Exercises increasing latitude in determining technical objectives of each assignment.
- Assists other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative, mentors other staff as applicable.
- Escalates difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Works in a collaborative manner with all team members within DnA (Data & Analytics), DTI and the Business.
- Complete assignments on time and within budget.
- Review and follow the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws, and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Member of Data & Analytics leadership team
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Innovative, outside-the-box mindset to proposing solutions for real business needs.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and presence.
- Able to work with ambiguous requirements with little or no guidance.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with both team members and senior management.
- Strong negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to lead by influence and impact business decisions/processes through effective networking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and iterations with several applications simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in documenting requirements (technical and project related).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
Read Full Description