Manages day-to-day activities for a group of data management projects, including managing staff and workload of direct reports. Collaborates cross-functionally to facilitate communication and partnership between staff and other related departments. May be responsible for overseeing downstream timelines for projects.
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime
- May perform and/or leads the design, building and testing project databases & edit checks
- May perform and/or leads the defining and importing of data into the system.
- May perform and/or leads the defining, creating and testing of listings for data review and performing programming activities in line with project requirements.
- Manages tasks associated with the completion of one or more client deliverables. Attends project and client team meetings when required.
- Ensures staff compliance with documented procedures.
- Monitors, evaluates and proposes mitigation strategies surrounding risk to deliverables.
- Ensures that all tasks and study database builds are accurate, timely and conducted in line with regulatory guidelines, SOPs, budget and client expectations. Liaises effectively cross-functionally.
- Provides accurate project metrics and resource information at the request of management, and effectively uses this information to manage progress of assigned projects.
- Provides project forecasting of hours and identifies resource requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 5 years).
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively apply knowledge and skills in a highly organized fashion while adhering to regulatory guidelines, SOPs and client expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong command of English language and grammar
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client's proprietary data
- Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as a study or department expert
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate others and to effectively supervise and delegate tasks
- Strong organization and time management skills to effectively forecast project resourcing, recognize and schedule changes in response to project demands, and ensure adherence to project timelines
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update for U.S. Colleagues
Read Full Description
- All U.S. colleagues are required to report vaccination status. New hires will be asked to report vaccination status within the first two weeks of employment.
- All U.S. new hires who are in the following job categories must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment or request an accommodation: executive director level and above, client-facing commercial, clinical research associates (CRAs), remote site monitors-local (RSM-L) all CRA and RSM-L line managers, clinic-based staff in early development services and accelerated enrollment solutions, and FSP within analytical services division roles. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon first day of employment and are required to report vaccination status within first two weeks of employment.