You may not have heard of chromatography, the science of separation, but it’s likely affected your life.
Phenomenex’s chromatography products advance the future of scientific analysis and investigation, ensuring the quality of essentials like your food, water, shampoo, and even cold medication. We strive to provide the best tools and resources possible to help researchers improve global health and well-being, including award-winning liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, and sample preparation products. Be part of our global success, centered on a commitment to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions, unique marketing, and exceptional customer service and support.
Phenomenex is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we are pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too! It’s an awesome time to join as we’re boosting our efforts to establish Phenomenex as a leader to serve biopharma industry through technological innovation.
We’re currently seeking a Vice President, R&D. This is a critical executive leadership position with responsibilities for Research and Development, Portfolio Management, Product Software, Hardware Engineering, Reliability, Sustainability and Design Transfer into Manufacturing. The successful candidate is a member of the Phenomenex Leadership Team, reporting directly to the President and leads a team of over 45+ R&D engineers, scientists, and technicians to deliver innovative and high-quality products. Selected individual will provide leadership and strategic direction on research and development in the following areas:
- In conjunction with the leadership team, develop, implement, and communicate the business strategy and drive the R&D implementation.
- Define overall strategy for the research and development organization with the ability to translate into an effective long-term plan that delivers results.
- Build innovative, integrated solutions for life science customer workflows working with R&D teams across other Danaher Operating companies including SCIEX, Beckman Coulter and Cytiva portfolio products & services.
- Develop and enhance the product and technology roadmap, product development process and product development plan to support the Company’s business objectives to include liquid chromatography, sample preparation, gas chromatography, proficiency standards, certified reference materials (CRMs), accessories, related instruments, and other consumables.
- Develop innovation in non-material science spaces including service and digital-enabled products/services.
- Provide support of manufacturing teams to ensure quality production through troubleshooting and process improvements.
- Implement and coach robust, data driven “Quality by Design” mindset and approaches to ensure development, sustainment, and improvement of existing and new products
- Ensure the technical quality of all R&D execution, ensuring R&D commitments for projects are met on time and to specification, seeking continuously to introduce innovative technology solutions that provide differentiated product performance to meet the needs of Phenomenex’s customers.
- Lead project management office (PMO) team to ensure all new products are led through the tollgate process from concept through commercialization leveraging Danaher Business System (DBS) tools to ensure on-time launches and full revenue achievement.
- Utilize dynamic and agile resource planning to ensure the R&D talent and resources are deployed to the highest priority projects and initiatives, consistent with business strategy
- Effectively manage and communicate the status of resource deployment and availability to enable business priorities.
- Ignite our innovation culture through intellectual property strategies to support our business growth strategy in targeted markets
- Act as a visionary for the future technology and capability needs of R&D to implement business strategy
- Collaborate across Phenomenex with other business units and provide access to our technology and scientific capabilities, as needed, and consistent with business strategy
- Collaborate with business and product leadership to contribute to the vision for product and workflow solutions that drive customer value, efficiency, and productivity
- Ensure formal design reviews and appropriate product design documentation procedures are completed by the teams and controlled according to the R&D processes and Quality requirements within R&D management as a routine process
- Create a diversified and dynamic R&D team by attracting, recruiting, and retaining top talent while developing staff, skills, capabilities, and processes across a variety of science and engineering disciplines
- Mentor team members by providing career development plans, enabling professional development, and driving continuous improvement of all organizational activities while adapting skills and processes to the ever-evolving business needs
- Engage an independent and evidence-based view of the technical marketplace and customer environment to provide additional input on product roadmaps, in concert with product marketing teams, toward enabling business strategy
- Collaborate as needed and appropriately with internal partners to assess potential acquisitions and partnerships for the Business
- Champion a competitive intelligence mindset, challenging the R&D team to stay leading-edge in their fields and to identify emerging competitive technologies found in the scientific and patent literature
- Champion Danaher Business Systems (DBS), including its deployment and continuous improvement. Recognizing that continuous improvement is an essential part of Danaher culture.
- Manage annual budgets based on strategic plan and deliver budgeted performance
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Masters or PhD degree in a scientific discipline, ideally Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry
- MBA advantageous
- 5 years of increasing experience leading people
- Demonstrated experience implementing global initiatives with outstanding results
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage resources for an entire business division.
- Strong teamwork mindset in a fast-paced environment.
- Change Agent
WHAT WE OFFER
- Holidays – Twelve paid holidays each year
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Discounts
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Anniversary Bonus
- First Time Home Buyer Plan
- Employee Development (Tuition Reimbursement)
GET MORE INSIGHT
- Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video “Phenomenex: Our Science” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8tLAso-JpE
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Read Full Description