September 2022- April 2023 (UP TO 30 HRS/WEEK)
Reporting to the Recreation and Community Services Foreman, the seasonal Recreation Labourer is responsible for maintaining recreational and other municipal facilities to ensure clean and safe facilities are available. Shift work is required for these positions.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and secure all Town recreational facilities on a daily basis
- Cleaning and general maintenance of recreational facilities
- Assisting with the installation, maintenance and removal of ice
- Monitor and maintain the arena schedule as provided by the Community Services Department
- Maintain proper communication channel protocol with Foreman if incidents arise
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Physically capable to perform job requirements (i.e. lifting heavy equipment and tools)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and staff
- Arena Operator 1 or 2 certification is an asset
- Similar work experience will be considered an asset
Salary: AUPE: $20.11- $21.37 per hour depending on experience.
Read Full Description