Southern Alberta Medical is currently recruiting for a full-time Cardiologist for the Medicine Hat area. Southern Alberta Medical is a health centre located in Medicine Hat, Alberta bringing medical specialty consultation and diagnostic services to southeastern Alberta and southwestern Saskatchewan. As an integrated group practice, we provide comprehensive care for:
- General Internal Medicine
International candidates will be considered and the successful candidate may be eligible for express entry into Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
The successful candidate will:
- Establish and maintain a full-time Cardiology practice in the community of Medicine Hat. A full-time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least (5) days per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week; and/or providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full-time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service;
- Provide patient consultations and serve as most responsible physician for inpatients;
- Obtain and maintain a Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- This position is eligible for inpatient hospital consultation services with the Department of Medicine at Medicine Hat Regional Hospital.
- Establish a primary residence, in the community of Medicine Hat or immediate surrounding area
- Abide by Southern Alberta Medical’s policies;
- Work collaboratively with peers and care team colleagues at Southern Alberta Medical in support of patient care;
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- Specialty: Cardiology
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- This position is eligible for accelerated entry into Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
- Community Info: Medicine Hat is a city of 65,000 + with a drawing population of 110,000 + and is known as the sunniest city in Canada. Medicine Hat is an excellent family community with good schools, and a community college. There is a wide range of cultural and recreational facilities in the area. The community offers a good quality of life and substantial advantages for a rewarding career and a great family life.
The successful candidate:
Read Full Description
- Must have or be eligible for FRCPC or equivalent; with a Fellowship in Cardiology;
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.