Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
Lead Environmental Engineer
Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as the company’s policies and procedures related to environmental permitting and compliance. Acts as the liaison between environmental agencies and our Operations function for all environmental requirements.
- Seeks opportunities to improve the company’s environmental permitting and compliance processes
- Leads environmental permitting and compliance activities for the assigned facilities in coordination with the Operations function
- Develops, seeks to improve, plans and executes the implementation strategies for environmental compliance policies, procedures, permits and regulations
- Maintains advanced knowledge of applicable and developing regulations for applicable matters including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Endangered Species Act and various state level regulations, conducts regulatory assessments and provides regulatory interpretations and guidance
- Completes operational compliance reviews and supports the company’s environmental management systems
- Oversees, reviews and recommends improvements for operational monitoring and data as required by environmental permits and regulations
- Reviews and/or develops records required to demonstrate compliance with environmental requirements
- Develops, reviews and submits various environmental reports as required by permits and regulations
- Responds to and completes reporting for environmental release events
- Ensures new and modified operations secure required permits and authorizations
- Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where compliance and management system gaps are identified
- Acts as the primary contact for Environmental Agencies including coordination of agency inspections and follow-up activities
- Develops and oversees environmental training and provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Required Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or a similar degree field
- A minimum of 8 years related experience is required although employees typically have 10-20 years;
- Advanced knowledge of applicable federal and state air and water quality regulations is required
- Advanced mathematical, science, and analytical abilities with the capacity to identify trends
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel
- Experience with Environmental Management Systems
- Ability to lead a team as well as work independently
Preferred Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience:
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Oil and gas industry experience required.
- Experience with NM OCD and NM ED required.
- Administering and using software and accessing domains that support environmental permitting and compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to organize and write plans, procedures and materials to communicate with senior leadership and operating units.
- Adept using MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Vizio) and related tools (MSTeams, Sharepoint).
Integrity – We act with honesty and honor without compromising the truth.
Safety – We ensure the health and safety of our employees and the communities in which we operate, while going beyond the legal requirements to provide an accident-free workplace.
Maximizing Value – We operate with intention and recognize that the ultimate measure of a company’s success is the extent to which it enriches employees, customers and shareholders.
Growth Oriented – We assume new responsibilities to position the organization and its employees to achieve new heights.
Commitment – We are committed to our employees, the environment and communities in which we operate while delivering great products, services, and other initiatives that impact lives within and outside the organization.
Innovation and Excellence – We have a passion for winning by fostering a culture of curiosity, learning, and operational excellence to achieve exceptional outcomes.
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field. Leads others to solve complex problems. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Job Functional Knowledge - Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Business Acumen - Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Leadership - May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Problem Solving - Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions.
- Impact - Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
- Interpersonal skills - Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Drive for Results – Drives to achieve challenging performance objectives
- Decision Making - Selects a course of action to reduce risk and uncertainty and create optimal outcomes
- Collaboration - Sees connection points across the organization and partners effectively with others to achieve common goals
- Change Agility - Identifies, initiates, and adapts to organizational changes that foster enhanced effectiveness, efficiency, safety and ultimately business results
- Team Building - Builds trust, fosters openness, and provides support. As the manager of a team, selects and motivates a strong team
- Compliance Consultation - Understands relevant regulatory standards and requirements impacting the organization and provides consultation and guidance to key stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Industry Knowledge - Demonstrates hands-on knowledge of the organization’s industry.
- Knowledge of Legal and Regulatory Requirements - Maintains current knowledge of industry regulatory requirements such as reporting mandates, concepts and procedures, compliance requirements, and regulatory framework and structure.
- Project Management - Demonstrates the discipline of planning, organizing and managing resources and activities to achieve specified outcomes within a clearly defined timeframe and standards.
- Records Management - Maintains working knowledge of the company’s records management policies and procedures.
- Resource Planning & Optimization - Plans and optimizes resources within teams in order to maximize results and achieve desired performance.
- Technical Communication/Presentation - Communicates with clarity and precision, presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ascend and descend storage tanks
- Visit field locations of projects, operating units, and incident scenes
- Position is based out of Dallas, TX and may require ~25% overnight travel
- Safe operation of company passenger vehicles
- Comply with the company’s drug & alcohol screening program
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Read Full Description