Enterprise Analytics and Data Science - Summer 2017 Intern - 012O9
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
ATTRIBUTES OR EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
The travel industry is one of the top 10 transaction processors among banks and social networks. A typical traveler generates at least twice as much data as a savvy internet user.
With travel industry being highly complex and data-driven, this role identifies and solves interesting puzzles which leads to innovative products or directly benefits the financials of the company.
Under minimal or no direction this role is responsible for innovation in the travel space. The successful candidate will be able to identify and prioritize potential ideas, communicate them effectively, gather input from industry experts, and look at the ideas from the point of view of different types of travel industry players (i.e. travel suppliers, travel agents, travel management companies, corporations and travelers alike). This role is also responsible for helping immediate team or internal customers in various business decisions for products and services by using the available data both internally and externally.
The Enterprise Analytics & Data Science intern will be assigned a specific or series of projects that will entail developing data solutions and contributing to innovative marketing and analytical products. The intern will collaborate with existing team members for guidance and project delivery.
• Develop data science and applied advanced analytics to understand our business and solve problems using Sabre and/or external data
• Partner with data scientists, data architects and product managers to deliver a short term analytics product
• Coordinate own work plan and prioritize workflow and projects
• Strong passionate with data mining and applying advanced analytical & machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems
• Experienced in cleaning, manipulating, transforming and merging real-world data of large scale and complex structure
• Experienced in implementing data mining, predictive analytics or machine learning techniques using R, Python, Java or other languages
• Knowledge of RMDB and SQL
• Familiar with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive or Spark
• Experienced in data visualization tools such as Tableau
• Teamwork-oriented with excellent communication skills to explain complicated analytical solutions to non-technical audience
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and actively pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Statistics/Applied Math/Operational Research or related field
• A strong passion to identify and solve real business problems using data from disparate sources
Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree with a graduation date after August 2017.
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Job : Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Primary Location US-TX-Dallas Ft Worth - Southlake
Organization : Sabre
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : No
Overtime Status : Non-exempt