Department: Control Systems Engineering
Lead Control Systems Engineer with proven experience in the design of process units, pipelines, utilities and offsite facilities from conceptual stage through detailed design of medium to large size projects. Thorough knowledge of projects/control systems engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, international standards, codes, specificatoins and procedures. Minimum of fifteen years related experience in Oil and Gas, Hydrocarbons and/or Infrastructure industries. Excellent communication skills required.
Reporting To: Department Manager and Project Management
Job Grade: EISC40 - Technical Advisor - Instrumentation and Controls
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, specification, sizing, and selection of instruments and equipment required for control and monitoring of process units and utilities (BPCS, Safety Systems, SIS, SIL, Analyzers, PCS Communication, field instrumentation, valves, advanced controls systems, etc)
- Lead a team of about 7 - 15 Control Systems Engineers and related discipline engineers and designers
- Lead site evaluation (site survey) teams for revamp and brown-field projects as required
- Develop/check basis of design documents
- Scoping of projects, including control systems deliverables
- Develop/check work plans for control systems team
- Develop/check control systems deliverables
- Estimate work-hours
- Develop/check Instrument calculations (valve sizing calculations, orifice plate sizing, voltage drop calculations, etc.)
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the project team, including the Clients
- Responsible for design integrity of Control Systems engineering scope, performance of assigned staff, and on-schedule delivery of the work within budget
- Lead technical presentations to Clients and their representatives as required
- Serve as technical resource to Control Systems engineers and related Discipline engineers and designers
Provide technical leadership to ensure that applicable procedures and standards (client, KBR and international) are correctly applied
- Discipline Managers
- Project Management
- Vendors (technical)
Minimum Qualifications and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Control Systems Engineering or related engineering field and a minimum of fifteen years relevant professional engineering experience.
Key Skills and Technical Competencies:
- Experience in FEED, Detail Design, LSTK /EPC Projects in Oil & Gas ( offshore, Onshore), Refineries, Petrochemicals & Pipelines, fertilizer sectors.
- Experience in Bid proposals.
- Experience in field instrumentation & Systems such as DCS, PLC, ESD, SIS, HIPPS, RTU, SCADA, VMS (MCMS), LDS, CCS, F&G, TMS, WHC, Tank Gauging, Custody / Multi-phase Metering and Analyser etc.
- In-line instrument sizing for Thermowell, Control valves, Flow elements, Pressure safety/relief devices and Cable.
- Preparation of MR, TBA, PR for Instrumentation &Systems.
- Experience in engineering Activity & Manpower Planning.
- Must have experience in SPI, MS-Words, Excel etc; and also have a exposure in SPR, SP3D, PDS, PDMS.
- Familiar with SAUDI ARAMCO Engineering Standards & Practices/Procedures.
- Ability to handle responsibility and complete projects within schedule.
- Must be proficient in English, oral and written.
- Must have excellent technical presentation skills.
Engineering/Technical - Control Systems or Instrumentation/Controls
SA-Eastern Province-Al Khobar