APRN/PA Cardiovascular Surgery PRN Role at AdventHealth Celebration
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location Address: 400 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift : 6:30AM-6PM and 6PM-6:30AM; will work night and day shifts 3-4 shifts per month
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
- The Imaging department at AdventHealth Celebration Health is integrally involved across the spectrum of patient care, assisting medical staff in the diagnosis and treatment of patients ranging from routine imaging studies to advanced interventional procedures. Annually, Imaging at Celebration Health performs 132,000 procedures across emergency, inpatient, surgical, and outpatient settings. The department operates within the hospital and services the greater Osceola community. The Imaging team includes more than 100 skilled and engaged staff including Radiologists, Technologists, Nurses, and support staff, working to ensure the patients receive appropriate, quality procedures and results at the right time.
The role you’ll contribute:
- Works directly with physicians a part of the Institute of Surgical Advancement, contributing to the proliferation of innovations aimed at enhancing life expectancy, quality of life, diagnostic and treatment options, as well as the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the healthcare system.
- Maintaining strong referral communication/relationships among physicians to physicians locally and physician referral to a destination cardiology institute from outlying areas
- Provide high quality information and referral source to patients outpatient community setting, inpatient setting including phone calls, emails, and inpatient admissions
- As appropriate, represents AdventHealth in community education and outreach programs, i.e. speaking engagements, health fairs, corporate affiliation events, etc. Assumes responsibility for professional growth by attending mandatory nursing/hospital in-services, maintaining knowledge of current trends in medical therapy pertaining to area of clinical specialization, and evaluating/using research findings to improve nursing/ medical practice.
- Formulates an individualized treatment plan based on therapeutic principles as appropriate for age/ psychological development, initiates and/or maintains diagnostic/treatment regimes, interprets common laboratory, electrographic and radiological findings and intervenes appropriately based on specific principles, evaluates the effectiveness of nursing/medical interventions in accomplishing desired patient outcomes, evaluates / provides /facilitates appropriate education for patients and families according to individual learning needs, evaluates and provides for patient discharge needs with specific recommendations for follow up in the outpatient setting and recognizes and provides immediate appropriate responses to life threatening emergencies. Facilitates optimal length of stay and appropriate utilization of Hospital resources; facilitates efficient and comprehensive discharge planning.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Master’s degree in Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Basic Life Supper (BLS) Certification
- Current, valid State of Florida Board of Nursing Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license
- Prescriptive authority for the State of Florida
- National Nurse Practitioner certification by either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (http://www.nursecredentialing.org/) (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (http://www.aanp.org/aanpcms2) (AANP), unless grandfathered under certificate-based program
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse will focus on cardiovascular programs that are identified as a part of the Institute for Surgical Advancement (ISA). Within the scope of these duties, the nurse practitioner is responsible for facilitating and triaging physician referrals who originate as a result of relationships with ISA level physicians. This person serves as a direct extension of cardiologists, who are ISA physicians. The nurse practitioner will provide nursing/medical inpatient/outpatient services of AdventHealth within the scope of practice of licensure and as outlined in the Collaborative Practice Agreement and responsible for eliciting patient histories and conducting comprehensive evaluations.
- Ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic testing
- Generating and implementing therapeutic interventions.
- Teaching and counseling patients, families and staff as needed
- Specific age groups are identified in the position responsibilities.
Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Celebration
Req ID: 22017436
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.