The Patrick J. McGovern Foundation (PJMF) is a private foundation dedicated to advancing artificial intelligence and data science solutions to create a thriving, equitable, and sustainable future for all. PJMF works in partnership with public, private and social institutions to drive progress on our most pressing challenges, including digital health, climate change, broad digital access, and data maturity in the social sector .
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.mcgovern.org/. Core to PJMF’s mission is inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA). We apply the IDEA framework to all we do, from growing a diverse team within the Foundation to coalition building with organizations and people around the world, and to democratizing the development and rewards of AI and data.
The Executive Assistant will be deeply committed to PJMF’s purpose to create a thriving, equitable, and sustainable future for all through the advancement of AI and data solutions. In this role, you will play a critical part in ensuring that the Office of the President and leadership team is positioned for success to best serve our partners, commitments, and goals. The position will report to the Director of the Office of the President.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide a broad range of high-value strategic administrative and project management support to the President to increase their availability for executive-level responsibilities
- Work closely and effectively with the Office of the President to support the President’s agenda, manage stakeholder administrative and tactical requests, and manage the office’s workflow and calendars in an effective manner
- Arrange complex and detailed domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; prepare in-depth research and briefings in preparation for meetings; complete travel expense reports and manage all logistics
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the President, with internal and external stakeholders as needed and as directed by the President; draft and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents
- Assist with creation of collateral - slides, presentations, reports, and other written content
- Build relationships with our partner organizations and across internal teams via coordination of and engagement at committee meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience - demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment supporting C-level executives across the full stack of management and administrative needs
- Communication - exceptional written and verbal communicator, with a keen eye for detail
- Technologies - high level of proficiency in office management, document creation, project management tools, and a curiosity and interest in new digital tools that can drive efficiency
- Capabilities - strong analytical and time management skills; ability to organize and present information to facilitate quick decision-making, ability to anticipate and proactively address needs
- Passion - genuine enthusiasm for building a better future in the digital era and ensuring that the benefits of technological advancement are shared by all
- Executive presence - extremely tactful; maintains discretion and confidentiality
- Teamwork - self-management skills and ability to work as part of a nimble and fast-moving team; strong multitasking and parallel development abilities
- Growth mindset - creative, naturally curious, and willing to take intellectual risks
- 100% Remote - desire to work remotely, but not alone - with mature, socially-minded professionals
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary – We anticipate the starting salary for this role to be $90,000, with flexibility based on the experience you bring
- Health Insurance – Foundation-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents; disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching up to 6% of annual pay, plus an additional 3% discretionary match
- Flexible PTO – Progressive approach to PTO reflecting our respect for diversity, commitment to our team members, and ability to adapt to changing employee values
- SmartSpend Plus – Employee discounts on a wide variety of products and services, from home goods and the latest gadgets to monthly bills and big-ticket buys
- Parental Leave – Up to 6 months of gender-neutral paid leave for parents and caregivers when they have a new addition to their families
- Learning & Development – Company reimbursement policy, allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, internal trainings, and external activities or conferences; savings on student loans (available via insurance provider)
- Philanthropic Matching Gift Program – Opportunity for team members to support vulnerable communities, reflecting PJMF’s commitment to social impact
The attributes listed above represent our current thinking for the role. You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described below. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you - even if you’re on the fence - we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself!
We have built an environment that celebrates the differences in backgrounds and experiences. PJMF invests in activities that lead to greater inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in how AI and data are conceptualized, developed, applied, and deployed. We are applying the same framework as our team grows and expands. We are an equal opportunity employer and we especially encourage and invite members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
All PJMF team members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.