Corporate Treasury (CT) | Global Insurance & Advisory
Vice President (VP) | Dallas, Texas
The Global Insurance & Advisory function (Global Insurance) at Goldman Sachs is responsible for managing the property, casualty and management liability insurance on behalf of the Firm and its various businesses. The business unit resides in the Firm’s Corporate Treasury (CT) division. The team provides active global risk management across the firm and its goal is to risk transfer via insurance products to mitigate the firm’s operational risk exposures globally.
The team is seeking a Vice President (VP) with subject matter expertise in real estate property and casualty insurance to manage the existing insurance program(s) and administration. In addition, VP will lead advisory activities and contractual reviews across the firm’s real estate investing activities.
- Manage the firm’s property and casualty real estate insurance; provide coverage and program structure analysis, facilitate program rate analysis, renewal and marketing activities, and provide recommendations as needed
- Advise deal and investing desks on insurance due diligence, perform contract reviews for new investments and business activities
- Review external operating partner insurance placement. Internal tracking and on-going vendor/ operating partner oversight.
- Utilize natural catastrophe model outputs and actuarial studies to review risk exposure and validate insurance coverage analysis
- Review cost allocation methodology and post-renewal administration across real estate
- Collaborate and identify efficiencies with controller on premium invoicing procedure
- Provide risk guidance on contractual language related to insurance for transactions
- Support internal requirements for vendor management, KPI reviews, RFP’s
- Identify areas of collaboration with key stakeholder to enhance business insurance needs; review internal coverage review process, new acquisition pricing, disposition process.
- Identify/document and review key internal process. Provide recommendation for enhancements
- Perform analysis of risk exposures and data analysis while developing risk mitigation and risk management solutions.
- Provide project management on departmental initiatives (procedures, data analytics/reporting, RIMIS, and claims management)
- Identify opportunities to improve internal insurance program administration across property and casualty programs
- Provide recommendation to CT leadership on real estate insurance program efficiencies
- Assist with analysis gathering of information necessary for business and management reporting
- Other related ad hoc projects and duties as requested to support the CT leadership team
- 10-15 experience in real estate insurance risk management (e.g. in house risk management team, broker or insurance company)
- Ability to identify and synthesize operational risk issues and insurance mitigation
- Prior management and training experience
- Strong organizational skills with experience working to deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior stakeholders with impact and influence
- Proven track record in stakeholder management including exposure to senior stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious and desire to understand the different areas of the firm
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a strong delivery focus
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree at a minimum
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity