Job Description Summary
Be the EHS POC for the project team/site team. To be involved in overall gas power EHS audit program as lead/co auditor according to the gas power EHS audit strategy. To Deal with Customer/Partner’s project EHS representative for project specific EHS-related matters.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identification, hiring, training and mobilization of site EHS staff.
- Extensive involvement in partners, suppliers and subcontractors’ evaluation and prequalification exercise and ensuring all engaged entities in the project are approved with relevant EHS requirements established within the subcontract. Followed up periodical EHS performance review.
- Ensure applicable legal requirements have been properly identified and are complied with.
- Deliver face-to-face EHS trainings as and when required according to the gas power EHS training strategy.
- Prepare periodic project EHS reporting / KPIs and communicate it to relevant distribution list.
- Prepare the EHS Plan and any other required site-specific EHS document (e.g. environmental management Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Traffic Management Plan…) applicable to the project or review such documents prepared by the Partner in case of a TKP project. Lead project EHS kick-off meeting with Partner if any.
- Follow-up with the GE Site EHS Manager the deployment and maintenance of a consistent site EHS management at site where GE is leading the site. Track and support deployment of any EHS initiative or changes in the EHS requirements for the project.
- Review Commissioning Safety Rule / Log Out Tag Out and procedures prepared by Partner or EPC contractor.
- Ensure coordination of engineering disciplines to allow safe design of plant / systems delivered by GE.
- Site Close-Out Report – lessons learned and continuous improvement to support the ITO phase for new projects.
- Good command of English and Mandarin in both reading and writing.
- Relevant international qualification in EHS or related qualification i.e. NEBOSH Diploma or International General Certificate in OHS.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project EHS execution.
- Flexible and adaptable to work conditions and location as the role will primarily travel within Taiwan and with occasional international travel.
- Ability to lead incident investigation and producing a quality report identifying root cause and contributing factors.
- Level A Occupational safety management specialist 職業安全管理師 or Occupational health management specialist 職業衛生管理師 issued by Occupational safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Ministry of Labor 勞動部職業安全衛生署
- Engineering or related educational background.
- Strong electrical safety knowledge.
- Involvement in Permit To Work and Log Out and Tag Out management.
- Able to fit in to the various Asian culture.
- Sets a very high EHS standards with ability to meet the corporate and international standards
- Able to influence and engage customers, Project Directors, Site Managers, Project team, Consortium Partners and subcontractors.
At GE, we are always searching for great talent. While we might not have a specific job for you today, we want to know about you when we do. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.