At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Do you love to build teams and solve real world problems? Come join Northwestern Mutual as an Engineering Manager working on our Client Website and leading a team of full stack engineers. You'll lead a team building and maintaining features that directly impact the lives of our customers.
We're looking for a hands-on leader who will help Northwestern Mutual build the next generation of digital financial tools to help our customers achieve their goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a people manager and technical leader, guiding your team to make sound technical decisions
- Establish, aggregate, and share team standards and best practices across your department
- Mentor, guide, and coach engineers within your division for technical and leadership growth
- Recruit, hire, and onboard talent within your respective department, ensuring the right mix of talent within your team
- Ensure production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis for your products
- Work alongside product management to prioritize work and reach company goals
- Write secure, high-quality code and integrate code-review feedback
- Solve complex problems, take new perspectives, and innovate on existing solutions
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Experience collaborating with product, design, and other engineering leaders to deliver high-quality software
- Ability to successfully communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Driven to lead the team toward collaboration
- Excited about pushing innovation, quality, and operational excellence
- Passionate about the needs of customers and improving the user experience
Nice to Have:
- 3+ years of production support responsibilities
- Experience with DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, or Terraform
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Career growth and professional training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that includes base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.