Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
The Global Claims Standard and Insights (CSI) Team mission is to understand and embed knowledge of the consumer in order to position Dyson technology in the right way. We work in the hub of the action; interfacing between RDD, Commercial and other business functions to ensure more informed decisions are made throughout the Dyson product development framework.
About the role
As a team we need to be on the pulse of what is happening in our key markets and be able to articulate long term opportunities or risks that the senior leadership team need to be aware of. You will be responsible for market share reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and his senior leadership team and will need to work with key stakeholders to understand the “what next” for Dyson.
You will be focusing on bringing multiple data sources together to provide a deep understanding of the markets we currently operate in. You will be triangulating data from several sources across the business and delivering actionable recommendations. The main sources of information will be primarily our market share information and Global Brand Health data but will be pulling in other information working and collaborating with other data owners across the commercial function.
Working with our Local markets to garner a deep understanding of our categories is essential and will guide global business decision making. You will also be:
- Working with the Insight Specialist and Head of Insight to make sure we are getting the most out of our key data sources, especially Brand Health.
- Maintaining strong relationships with the Insight Community to deliver best practice and consistency across Dyson on data reporting.
- Making sure we deliver ROI on our data sources and work with Senior Insight Manager to make sure we are getting the most out of our agencies.
- Collaborating with local markets, media teams, direct teams and other commercial functions to deliver a holistic point of view back to the business.
- Working on delivering key target KPIs consistently across markets and embedding these within scorecards.
- Partnering with Competitor Intelligence, GTM and Reporting Teams to own and drive increased understanding of the external landscape, with a focus on our strategic competitive set including reporting analysis.
- Partnering with Finance and other functions to deliver a “one version of the truth” performance reporting suite built in partnership with Global data functions.
- Establishing key processes and ways of working, as well as creating and managing strong networks across the business, to ensure success.
- To challenge the status quo of existing processes to drive more impact data sources and across the business.
You will have a passion for and expertise in working across multiple data sources and an ability to distil these into narratives and clear recommendations to guide us to our future goals.
With a curious and detailed orientated approach you will be comfortable collaborating across a number of teams and functions to deliver clear recommendations to help us achieve our ambitious growth targets. You will also have:
- Significant experience and a background grounded in managing and generating insights from business performance, market, and competitive data, as well as a proven ability to transform large amounts of data into actionable insights (ideally 3 plus years’ experience).
- Experienced in the use of quantitative research and insight, with the ability to identify key market and brand health themes and opportunities from the data.
- Confident in communicating to senior stakeholders and having influence on decisions, with the ability to nurture relationships and manage stakeholders across a number of local markets.
- Degree-qualified in relevant subject area
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities, with excellent prioritization skills and being able to say ‘no’ to people in the most constructive way.
- Highly motivated self-starter; you will enjoy exploring new opportunities without a rigid framework or direct supervision.
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.