Dyson began fifteen years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Tokyo, Western Europe and Australasia.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
About the role
We’re looking for a Commercial Executive to join the Environmental Care team in Iberia.
There are over 90 of us in the Iberia and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
This role will report into a Commercial Manager within the team. The Commercial Executive will be responsible for supporting the NPD team in all aspects of bringing exciting new products to market – from supporting the development of the product claims, to briefing in-house creative teams, and engaging with local market teams to activate the campaign bringing our innovation to life.
Campaign management and execution:
- Become a category ‘expert’- understand the ranges, and how the team’s particular NPD fits within them.
- Once the project objective and deliverables are set by the business, track progress, report status on a timely and regular manner
- Collaborate with members from different functions (both internal and external) to deliver the expected results
- Get marketing assets from appointed sources and vendors. Localize assets for Spain market use, focus is to ensure language and content aligns with consumer and brand focus.
- Instruct media agency the right marketing asset for each media plan/touchpoint; Coordinate between agencies and vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Collaborate with other teams such as PR, Retail, Sales, Creative function to drive projects forward and deliver timelines according to schedule
- Effectively manage key external agencies – production, media, research agency, etc.
- Work effectively with Spanish Distributors to ensure the strategies and plans are turned into flawless execution
Locally Relevant Holistic Marketing Activities
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of marketing plans to differentiate Dyson, build brand equity and drive consumer purchase
- Ensure marketing communication messages resonates with the target consumer. Proactively propose new ideas and messages to improve engagement and relevancy, including regional differences in Spanish market
- Assist with the development of effective media communications, working with media agency to deliver best in class media execution, track media campaign performance and recommend optimization actions to maximize campaign ROI and effectiveness
- Coordinate, develop and control actions with Direct and indirect teams in order to build the best common plan
- Maximize visibility actions with other teams (JBP and Digital own cannel) to show the best technology to each consumer, controlling messages and design guidelines.
- Support on Budget and invoicing execution tasks
Consumer Insights and Market Analysis
- Work with category leads to define consumer target(s) and profiles, develop propositions and programs to drive business from the consumer target(s)
- Conduct competitor and market data analysis, including go-to-market and product performance claim analysis, to develop counter strategies and claims to win Spain
- Identify and align with the marketing team any consumer and market knowledge gaps, lead research projects to fill in the knowledge gaps, share findings to rest of organization, and transfer the learning into marketing activities and campaigns
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within the organization.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyse problems and present viable solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit; able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Attention to detail; material produced is meticulously executed
- Creativity; they need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Driven by the desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Discretionary bonus
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 23 Working days holiday
- Lunch voucher
- Free coffee and tea + free fruits
Please note that this role is advertised as a maternity cover.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.