Job ID 395869BR
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Our team builds ESPN.com, which delivers the world’s best sports content to millions of fans and is the ultimate Sunday companion for armchair quarterbacks.
We are looking for someone who…
- Researches and learns new technologies and skills
- Is passionate about web development and related technologies
- Demonstrates determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting
- Loves sports and wants to build the best experiences on the web
If this sounds like you, ESPN wants your help building the future of sports content delivery.
- Mentor and provide feedback to other engineers
- Establish best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Evangelize and productionalize the use of new technologies
- Review code and pull requests to ensure architectural standards are maintained
- Partner with product to help define ESPN’s digital roadmap
- Work with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Minimum 6 years relevant industry experience or 3 years of experience in a specialized area.
- Demonstrated mastery of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Proven ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.