Job Description Summary
The Senior Staff Engineer will be responsible for technical leadership research and development and manufacturing activities to support the commercialization of new electro-mechanical based products and line extensions. Performs the role of technical lead for process development when assigned to project teams.
Be Part of Something Bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
1st Shift 8:00 am -5:00 pm Monday-Friday
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities:
Support new product team design activities including:
- Provide technical leadership in the concept development of design control documentation.
- Develop and drive the technical project plans and schedules Lead technical process reviews.
- Work with design team to ensure components/assemblies are designed for manufacturability/excellence (DFM/DFx).
- Lead site selection activities.
Able to plan, coordinate and manage all technical activities associated with commercialization and launch of new products including:
- Conceptualization and development of all manufacturing processes and methods.
- Coordination of all development and manufacturing of new tooling and equipment.
- Support makes vs buy analysis and identifying new vendors.
- Coordination and support of all new vendor equipment, tooling, molds, etc. including managing FAT/SAT activities.
- Development and release of all products and process documentation.
- Support in-process test and/or inspection procedure development.
- Planning, ordering and management of component inventory.
- Performing process characterization of all new operations and processes.
- Developing, executing, analyzing, and writing reports for validation protocols.
- Developing new product cost estimates.
- Preparation of capital equipment requisitions (CB2).
- Evaluation and recommendation of new materials.
Plan, coordinate and manage all technical activities to transfer new products from design to manufacturing including:
- Development and management of a process development plan.
- Documentation including PFMEA specifications, methods and labor standards review.
- Component inventory transition plan.
- Facility selection, coordination & preparation.
- Equipment moves and installation.
- IQ, OQ, PQ protocol development and execution.
- Validation and training support.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, electrical or similar) required.
- Ten (10) years’ experience or MS degree with eight (8) years’ experience preferred.
- Background in electro-mechanical designs/assemblies with installed software (capital level equipment).
- Ideally experienced in medical device production.
- Demonstrated proficiency with mold tooling and design, machinery, assembly fixtures, equipment and tooling procurement and design.
- Experience with both manual and semi-automated production lines preferred.
- Experience developing manufacturing processes for FDL/smart connectors and modifying ACATS hardware and software preferred.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, conceptualize ideas, motivate and focus individuals and teams and drive projects through completion on time and on budget.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Understanding and ability to execute DOEs, process characterizations and validations using standard statistical techniques.
- Understanding of GMPs and medical device regulations as they apply to manufacturing.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson, and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA GA - Covington BMD