TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC has immediate openings for Archaeological Field Technicians in our Columbia, SC office. This person may participate in all types of archaeological field projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-state projects.
- The Archaeological Field Technician will work closely with other TRC archaeologists in TRC's Planning, Permitting, and Licensing practice.
- We are looking for an individual enthusiastic about his/her work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence.
- The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and of helping to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges.
- The position will require regular travel away from home and some projects may require overtime and/or extended work days and work weeks.
- Candidates will be required to walk long distances and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e. steep terrain, heat, cold). Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- A BA degree in Anthropology or a related field
- Some archaeological field experience in the Southeast preferred but not necessary.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work closely with others as part of a larger project team
- A commitment to quality and safety
- A strong work ethic
- Three professional references with contact information (include with resume)
For temporary employees, TRC offers a 401(k) plan. For more information please visit www.trccompanies.com.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.