Sage Bionetworks is currently recruiting for a computational biology postdoctoral fellow with an interest and background in cancer research. This position presents the opportunity to focus on a diverse set of questions in cancer. Ideal candidates will have a background in pre-clinical and translational medicine, and an appreciation of efforts to incorporate `omics’ data into clinical practice.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Candidate will hold a Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, or related quantitative discipline.
- Experience working with high dimensional genomic data, such as sequencing data, gene expression, genotype, CNV, sequence and/or data from other high throughput biological technologies.
- Demonstrated excellence in research with evidence of advancing an area of computational biology.
- An understanding of advanced machine learning or statistical techniques, such as probabilistic graphical models, Bayesian inference, and optimization methods.
- Software development experience, including strong programming skills in a high level language such as Python, R, or Java.
- A passion for open-access innovation.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, and communication skills.
- A desire to change the world and contribute to the elimination of human disease.