At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Core HR (Human Resources) Domain is on a mission to empower organizations for employee self service and remarkable employee management, integrated across domains.
We are building our product around the employee lifecycle events, getting hired, getting promotions, getting married, leaving the company and following the direct implications of these lifecycle events - for employees, managers and HR managers.
Like all our domains we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations in several teams. We’ll continue to grow in 2022 and beyond. Join us and help shape Personio’s journey as part of our Core HR Domain.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team. You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other domains and teams to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!
Specific tasks of a Lead Engineer at Personio:
- Increasing performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
- Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing and coaching
- Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
- Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles and innovation from inside your team
- Driving cross-department engineering initiatives
- Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup
- Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability and security
- Participate in technical interviews
- Urge to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed
- Over 7 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable applications using Java or Kotlin
- Over 2 years of experience as a “Senior+” software engineer, with a proven track record of leading software engineering teams to tackle complex problems and coordinating implementation of features with stakeholders.
- Experience working within a distributed architecture and working with microservices using Spring Boot
- Experience of mentoring and coaching junior and mid-level engineers
- Experience of driving engineering initiatives and improvements
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with event driven architectures, domain driven design and eventual consistency
- Knowledge about resilience patterns
- Experience of messaging systems, ideally Kafka
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
What motivation and mentality you should bring:
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
- Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes.
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- With PersonioFlex, decide for yourself where you work most effectively. For this, we offer you a flexible 50% in-office & 50% remote working framework. Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from home or anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area.
- Choose between two mobility options: Tax Saver Commuter Ticket and the Bike to Work Scheme and receive a subsidy of 43.50€/month from Personio
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
- Enjoy training with Gympass with a subsidy of 30€/month from Personio
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the same time, the future of you. And we’re not just one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In October 2021 we raised $270 million in Series E funding, making Personio the fastest-growing and most valuable HR technology company in Europe. With more than 6,000 customers and a team that has doubled in size in 2021 alone, now is the perfect time to join! We’re hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. As we continue to scale, we focus on enabling our employees to grow both personally and professionally.
We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.
Will you join us in shaping the future of HR in Europe?