Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Commis 1, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Fairmont arrives in India
A leader in the global hotel industry, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts offers guests an extraordinary collection of iconic luxury properties, including New York’s The Plaza, Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel and London’s The Savoy. We are proud to extend this tradition of hospitality to our first destination in India, the exquisite Fairmont Jaipur opened on 9th August 2012.
As the stunning capital of the Indian state of Rajasthan, Jaipur—known as the ‘Pink City’—beckons with a host of wonderful attractions, from breathtaking architecture to lush greenery to bustling avenues. Embracing this rich and colourful setting is Fairmont Jaipur, a modern landmark built in the tradition of the region’s grand Mughal palaces. Amid pristine gardens and elegant water features, the hotel offers 199 spacious, beautifully appointed guest rooms—featuring traditional decor, large bathrooms and the utmost in luxurious details. Adding to the conveniences the hotel also includes a selection of exclusive restaurants- Zoya for international cuisine, the Tea lounge Anjum, that brings a new dimension of service in the fine art of tea tasting, library bar Aza and the Cigar Diwan, (60,000 square feet) of conference space, the largest in the region. With Fairmont Jaipur, we are excited to introduce a new audience to the understated elegance, hallmark service and unforgettable experiences that have long captivated our discerning guests, the world over.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Indian nationality preferred
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Rotating / Shift Work