Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, IC, hydraulic and electrical forklifts as well as other related material handling equipment in our shop. Dedicated to customer satisfaction through timely turn around of customers equipment in the shop, thoroughly tested to insure we deliver a quality product back to our customer. Protect the value of the brand name and company image through customer’s satisfaction of their repaired equipment. Make sure we thoroughly perform pre-delivery check on all new and used trucks to insure we ship a product that functions at factory specifications. Do all you can to meet our customer repair estimates.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Promotes an atmosphere of good will and accountability between the company and the customer. Always act in a professional manner and provide a superior level of service and customer satisfaction. Building trust with the customer through your honesty and integrity.
- Expertly analyze and diagnose customer equipment problems. Recommend the correct service and repair to resolve equipment performance problems.
- Make appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems as dictated by the analysis. Test equipment once the repair is complete to insure unit is now operating properly and safely.
- Follow all planned maintenance policies and procedures as directed by the company.
- Accurately and neatly document on the work order the work performed, hour meter readings, serial numbers, model numbers and all information asked for. When work is complete and quality inspection is performed make sure you communicate with personnel (Shop foreman/Service coordinator/etc.) who arrange delivery back to the customer.
- When performing warranty work, make sure the parts and workorder procedure for returning them to the proper person in the service department. To insure proper warranty filing can be done at the store location.
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed.
- Cooperatively performs additional duties when assigned by service management.
- Keeps an updated tool list as required by company policy.
- Operates all company tools properly and safely, make sure other associates who may be near your work area are in a safe position when performing your job functions.
- Turn in work orders and other related paper work on a timely basis as directed by service manager.
- Maintain the company property, equipment and shop area in an orderly and hazard-free manner.
- Make sure all shop tools and equipment is in good and safe operating condition.
- Provide well-maintained personal tools required to effectively perform equipment service duties.
- If called upon to work in the field to assist a field service technician review all field service tech duties and responsibilities. Use good customer skills and properly communicate with our customers.
- Follows all company attendance programs.
- Attends training courses as required and contributes positive and constructive feed back at company meetings.
- Effectively communicates with customers, co-workers and management.
- Have strong mechanical, IC, Hydraulic and electrical aptitude.
- Secondary school graduate with one to three years of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic experience. May include equivalent college or vocational school education. Has strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Has the ability to understand the necessary service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic instruments.
- Keep pace with industry innovations in order to make sound recommendations to customers.
- Can safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and overhead cranes.
- Has the ability to perform strenuous and heavy work, can exert force up to 100 pounds on occasion and frequently handle loads to 50 pounds. Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously with full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting and reaching, etc.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.