Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Komatsu America Corp. (KAC) has a great internship opportunity for a Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or Finance college student in Junior or Senior standing. This intern will be immersed in an intense learning environment where the candidate can assimilate to the Komatsu culture and make an important contribution during a targeted 12-week internship. This internship is intended to identify future high potential Komatsu employees.
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Learning: Develop an understanding for the construction equipment sales process as demonstrated by completing and presenting a professional proposal for improvement.
- Complete a Rotation to include gaining exposure to the following functions but not limited to:
- Equipment Sales: Learn the equipment sales process and work with appropriate people to understand market segments. Provide an analysis by segment to find areas of opportunity for Komatsu. There is a possibility to spend time at a distributor to learn the retail sales process.
- Parts and Service: Receive a fundamental education on the importance of parts and service as it relates to customer satisfaction by working on impactful projects which will drive future machine sales.
- National Accounts: Learn the process to develop key account relationships. Look for opportunities to spread best practices across accounts.
- Remarketing: Support ReMarketing staff in the certification process of used machines.
- Education: Must be at least in Junior standing at an accredited college/university. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0+ and be able to apply their academic background to real business world experiences.
- Experience: Prior experience with work study programs, school or volunteer leadership roles, participated on teams or in clubs, professional organizations, etc. preferred.
- Soft Skills: High level written and verbal communications skills. Flexibility and maturity to interact effectively with customers, executives, associates at all levels, and across cultures. Ability to multi-task, manage multiple deadlines and work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, ability to handle pressure. Strong motivation to make contributions to Komatsu and strong motivation to drive results. This intern should have an interest in capital goods / heavy equipment in the construction and mining industry.
- PC Skills: High proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Power Point and other reporting tools. SQL, “R”, and Visualization tools proficiency desirable. Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Travel: This position will require some travel.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.