Who We Are
Middleware Engineering provides software based infrastructure solutions and subject matter expertise to application teams. This group ensures the firm is positioned for emerging technology offerings and spans Big Data, Machine Learning, Database, Messaging, Java, App Entitlement Management, Market Data, External Financial Messaging and related engineering efforts.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Our team, Data Architecture, is focused on the firm’s data strategy. Data Architecture is comprised of 3 teams. Our recruiting process is aligned to find the right fit for you within these three areas of focus and we do want you to learn about each of them in order to align your interests with available roles. If you believe that you have a targeted interest, please do say so.
Middleware Engineers provide software based infrastructure solutions for data products as a managed service, both on premise and in the public cloud, and subject matter expertise to application teams. This group ensures the firm is positioned for emerging technology offerings and spans Big Data, Database, Messaging, Service Discovery, External Financial Messaging and related engineering efforts. You will be part of a global team responsible for designing, innovating with and maintaining a cohesive managed service offering data platform at scale. This platform must offer both cutting edge as well as time-hardened data solutions. Come join us in Dallas.
How will you fill your Potential?
- All roles in Data Architecture offer the opportunity to work directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
- Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient platform. Collaborate with core engineering consumers and the BU aligned development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations.
- You will collect requirements, and assess technical feasibility of their requests of your clients and adjacent technology platforms
- Your clients’ background range from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers. Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
- Middleware Engineering is looking for engineers who will be at the center of data platform automation and scale. As a developer in this group, you are responsible for the strategy and execution of how to scale all of the firm’s databases (> 90,000 Databases on 13 Platforms comprising a variety of Relational DBMS, the Hadoop Stack, Public DBaaS offerings and other NoSQL solutions), messaging offerings (including Kafka, RabbitMQ, Tibco RV, Tibco EMS & WebSphere MQ, public cloud service offerings), external payment messaging systems and various proprietary in-house offerings related to service discovery and distributed computing
- This role exposes you to public cloud strategy, how to drive highly available solutions, the data needs of all business lines at Goldman Sachs, current industry trends and opportunities to influence data technologies outside of the firm
- 6 to 10+ years of experience with Java with a good grasp of Java development, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and testing best practices
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, Linux, Networking protocols, security and file systems
- Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, self-motivated, independent, creative, can solve interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems under time pressure and resource constraints
- Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
- Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle: inception, analysis, design, review, testing, and deployment
- Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide an intuitive, seamless end user experience
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues in a diverse global organization
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Development experience with Python, with a focus on Django, RESTful Web Services, React UI Development
- Development experience with Java, with a focus on Injection Design Patterns, Swagger, RAML
- Experience managing infrastructure at scale, including provisioning
- Understanding of Enterprise Hardware & Software Resilience Patterns
- Experience managing and automating on-premise and public cloud based platforms as a service
- Genuine interest in following technology trends, become an SME in deep stacks with a desire to influence external products over time
- Demonstrated interest in Data products
- Previous experience or demonstrated understanding of security control planes
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.