Ready to join an innovative, industry-leading sales organization? Accelerate your success with USI.
USI is one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the world, with over $2 billion in revenue and more than 8,000 associates located in approximately 200 offices in the U.S. and abroad.
At USI, we take your success seriously and our leadership team is dedicated to helping you win and keep business. We have created one of the most dynamic personal and professional development cultures in the industry. We invest heavily in our sales professionals through our unique professional development platform and one-of-a-kind program to reward and recognize sales excellence.
National and Local Sales Training and Support
The USI ONE Advantage® distinguishes USI as a leading insurance brokerage and consulting firm. This game-changing value proposition delivers unique enterprise solutions to our clients and drives our sales professionals’ development and success. Complementing these resources, USI offers a full suite of industry training and sales support programs led by award-winning experts.
Premier Sales Reward and Recognition
Our annual incentive program, USI PEAK, recognizes and rewards our sales professionals for achieving superior results. We are proud to honor and celebrate the passion, drive, and work ethic of the talented individuals that build our great teams.
Unique Employee Programs and Deep Community Engagement
We turn care into action with our award-winning wellness program, college scholarships for associates' children, and financial help in times of need. Our annual community service initiative engages associates in hands-on regional service projects helping hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Committed to a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
USI values diversity and is dedicated to ensuring a fair, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all. Our diversity and inclusion program, "I'm With U," advances these initiatives to champion our team members and the communities we serve.
Nationally Ranked and Recognized as a Top Insurance Workplace
- 2nd largest privately held broker of U.S. business and the 9th largest insurance broker in the world, Business Insurance 2020 Agents and Brokers Rankings + Directory.
- 2nd largest privately held employee benefits broker ranked by global benefits revenue, Business Insurance 2020 Agents and Brokers Rankings + Directory.
- 5th largest independent commercial lines broker and one of the top five largest privately held brokers of personal lines business in the U.S., Insurance Journal 2020 Top 100 Independent Property/Casualty Agencies & Insurance Journal 2020 Top 50 Personal Lines Agencies.
- One of Insurance Business America’s Top Insurance Workplaces, three years in a row (2018-2020).
- Gold recipient, American Heart Association’s Workplace Health Achievement Index, three years in a row (2018-2020).
- Named to Business Insurance’s 2021 list of Best Places to Work in Insurance.
- Ranked as one of Forbes Best Large Employers in America (2018-2019).
General Description: The Select Commercial Insurance Sales Producer is an outside sales position responsible for driving new business sales revenue growth of commercial business clients ($10mm and under in sales). In addition to cross-selling referrals from other internal business units, this role is expected to establish additional wins through an assigned book of qualified prospects.
- Achieve new business sales goals on an annualized basis based on our target market of companies with sales of less than $10mm.
- Create positive synergy and pursue cross-selling opportunities with other practices (Property/Casualty, Employee Benefits, Personal Risk Services) to meet revenue growth targets.
- Generate sufficient new business leads and first appointment activity volume.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and overcome sales obstacles on a prospect-specific basis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the discovery process (sales due diligence) and promoting USI’s competitive differentiation, including mastering the use of USI’s presentation templates and supporting OMNI output and associated solution pages.
- Demonstrate the technical knowledge necessary to communicate our solutions effectively to a non-insurance buyer.
- Systematically use CRM to support sales processes, including input of accurate and timely information relative to first appointments, follow-up appointments, conceptual/finalist meetings, etc., to facilitate realistic corporate sales and revenue projections.
- Attend and actively participate in USI University and USI Fast Start sessions.
- Successfully develop and deploy sales and marketing strategies along with periodic communications to optimize USI’s position in the marketplace.
- Positively and proactively represent USI in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Work collaboratively with the account management team and national/regional resources to maximize results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience in insurance brokerage, carrier, or related business to business sales experience, including calling on senior executives and a track record of financial success.
- Must be a personable, highly motivated, goal-oriented and organized individual that is driven to achieve individual sales goals.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Excellent listening skills with a strong customer focus.
- Good teamwork skills with an ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Understand and commit to mutual objectives of the Select Commercial Insurance Practice and Regional Office.
- Ability to work with senior level-management and have a top-level executive presence.
- College degree and current insurance licensing preferred.
USI is committed to providing a full-suite of competitive benefits for our growing population and its diverse needs. We offer a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits including medical, wellness, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending and health savings accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance and other unique employer-sponsored and voluntary programs. USI also offers a generous paid family leave benefit as well as paid holiday time.