Our goal is to build a system that achieves human-level intelligence in the domains of vision, language, and motor control, by drawing inductive biases from neuroscience. You can learn more about our strategy here.
As a visualization scientist at Vicarious you will work hand-in-hand with leading researchers to bring their cutting-edge algorithms to life. Through designing and implementing visualizations of our algorithms, you will help the team at Vicarious and the broader outside world get a better understanding of the discoveries we’ve made.
As part of our team, you will...
- Develop and refine visualizations of new research.
- Optimize and scale demonstrations of researched algorithms.
- Follow lead of Researchers and assist with development.
- Refine the output of the research department into reusable pieces where appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferred Masters or BS in CS/EE or a related discipline. We also consider exceptional applicants with other backgrounds.
- Keen design sense and a passion for data visualization and algorithm/process visualization. You probably have a portfolio of work you're eager to show off.
- A creative and analytical mindset to present information. You'll be exploring new ways to visualize our research advances.
- Experience with visualization tools such as D3, Vega, Processing
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms, math, and probability theory.
- Experience developing and testing ideas in a large scale setting.
- Experience with belief propagation and approximation methods.
- Experience with OpenGL a plus.
Desired Personal Qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch, a company trip to Hawaii every year, and much more. Please visit Join Vicarious for details.