Job Description Summary
Materials Organization of GE Research invites applications from driven and exceptional Materials Science students/researchers to work on accelerated discovery and development of metallurgical solutions. This will be a Short-Term Assignment of up to six months.
The applications include, but are not limited to:
- High-performance structural materials
- Materials for aero-engines, power generation, and precision healthcare
- Magnetic Materials
- Conventional as well as Additive manufacturing
Join us, if you have the passion and skills to make a difference and are looking to disrupt the world through materials technologies!
- Help plan and then execute technical tasks spanning Processing, Characterization, Understanding, and Modeling of high-performance materials
- Quantitative analysis of material structure and properties
- Extracting usable and quantifiable knowledge from experimental observations
- Documentation and Reporting
Qualifications and Requirements
- Currently enrolled in Ph.D./M.Tech. programs in Metallurgy, Materials Science, or Physics with research experience in structure property correlations.
- Strong knowledge of physical metallurgy and mechanical behavior of materials
- Good publication and documentation record.
- Good teaming skills and ability to work with wide range of technical teams and projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of chemistry-processing-structure-property relationships in nickel base, titanium base, cobalt base and/or ferrous alloys
- Expertise in microstructural analysis and representation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
Relocation Assistance Provided: No