Job Description Summary
Developing and executing short-term & long-term research programs in inspection area.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
Non-destructive Evaluation (NDE) Lab has one opening for Scientists and Engineers with demonstrated skills in Industrial Inspection/NDE with expertise in electromagnetics area.
NDE lab’s focus is to develop key cutting-edge NDE technologies for Industrial Inspections that lead to new products and services for GE worldwide, including:
- Design of inspection probes/sensors, physics-based modeling, inspection planning, experimental validation, field experimentation and inspection optimization.
- Development of inspection techniques for various applications from raw materials to manufactured components to in-service part inspection.
- Development of inspection software including system capability analysis (probability of detection), signal/data analytics, imaging, data fusion and workflow algorithms.
- Development of new NDE technologies for health monitoring, damage detection and material characterization.
A successful candidate will support
- Developing and executing short-term & long-term research programs in inspection area
- Master or PhD student in Physics/Engineering
- Exposure to physics-based modeling for eddy current probe design, microwave system design.
- Hands-on experience with ability to set up and run experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team-oriented research environment.
- Field experience with products and techniques is a plus.
To apply to this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Relocation Assistance Provided: No