Web Applications Developer
Information Technology Systems
Smith College is accepting applications for a Web Applications Developer. Reporting to the Director of Administrative Technology, this position is responsible for applications within the College’s web and mobile infrastructure and initiatives. Responsible for the design and implementation of web-based, database driven applications, and provides analysis and consulting support to offices that are working to implement web-based applications. Provides technical support to campus web developers and administrative users regarding web-related efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and support of web services in a complex environment. Duties may include but not limited to:
• Develop application specification, project management, database development, data acquisition and data flow between applications.
• Assess feasibility of projects and develop system prototypes.
• Design and implement web-based applications and services.
• Identify, obtain and install pertinent application defect fixes for the web application database and related software.
• Work with the Systems Administrators to apply server defect fixes.
• Work with the technical staff to ensure web services are reliable.
• Assist users with needs assessment and develop recommendations and technical solutions to resolve business problems.
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation and procedures on support and business processes.
Hands-on role in general maintenance, technical support, enhancement, administration, standards compliance and cross-browser, cross-platform testing of web-based projects. Evaluate and recommend vendor product solutions to resolve administrative offices business problems and provide integration between existing and new systems.
Perform other tasks assigned by the Director of Administrative Technology, which may include but not limited to:
• Continuous development of technical skills.
• Educate and advise users about policies and procedures relevant to the maintenance and protection of college data.
• Attend classes and conferences to assess the impact of the latest advancements in technology on the College.
• Monitor trade and scholarly journals and electronic resources to remain informed about changes in technology and users’ needs, and expand customer service skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of three years experience with web application development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Review of application will begin immediately. To be considered for this position, apply on-line at http://smithcollege.hiretouch.com
Smith College is an EO/AA/Vet/Disability EmployerRead Full Description