To provide operational supervision and functional direction to instructors and support staff and facilitates the department’s teaching, research and service objectives.
• Leads the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum in the Acting Discipline at APA.
• Establishes and builds relationships with other universities, research institutions and companies
• Establishes and leads a research team, supervises and manages research projects, and supports the development of emerging research profiles from other lecturers.
• Pursues research/artistry and/or produces publications, or other research/performance outputs.
• Contributes to the collegiate development and management of research/performance activities.
• Trains, coaches and mentors staff.
• Provides professional consulting services in the disciplines of Acting/Theatre to government and industry;
• Engages in service to the University as well as the broader scholarly and professional communities, including engagement in concerts/performances.
• Ensures the submission of routine reports regarding teaching activities, publications, research, artistry and other scholarly activities of the Acting Programme of the Academy for the Performing Arts.
• Conducts research and undertakes related scholarly activities.
• Conducts research in a particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals;
• Attends and makes presentations at conferences.
• Maintains currency in related discipline through involvement in professional organisations, workshops, etc.
• Provides service to the University and the wider community through participation in various committees, undertaking programme leadership responsibilities, conduct of workshops, seminars, public lectures, and professional consulting services.
Qualifications & Experience
• Ph.D. in a relevant discipline from a recognised University Institution (or other terminal degree with relevant combination of experience and training).
• Minimum of between nine (9) and twelve (12) years actively involved in teaching and research at Senior Level (Assistant/Associate Professor) at an institution of higher learning (or other comparable combination of experience and training).
• Demonstrated scholarly activity (publications/presentations/artistry) at a local and international level
• Consideration will be given to professional/ industry experience
• Demonstrated theoretical and professional knowledge of the discipline.
• Demonstrated competence with course content.
• Sound knowledge and demonstrated application of pedagogy.
• Knowledge of Research Methodologies.
• Critical Human Relations skills.
• Exemplary Professional Conduct.
• Highly Developed Leadership and Decision Making skills.
• Strong Financial & Resource Management skills.Read Full Description