To provide operational supervision and functional direction to instructors and support staff and facilitates the department’s teaching, research and service objectives.
• Leads the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum in Dance discipline at the Academy for the Performing Arts (APA).
• Establishes and builds relationships with other universities, research institutions and companies.
• Pursues research/artistry and/or produces publications, or other research outputs.
• Contributes to the collegiate development and management of research activities.
• Trains, coaches and mentors staff.
• Participates in research conferences and seminars.
• Compiles methodological materials and teaching aids for subjects (groups of subjects)
• Participates in the training process of a new generation of researchers in his/her area of expertise.
• Leads academic research projects/programmes.
• Provides professional consulting services in the discipline of Dance to government and industry.
• Engages in service to the University as well as the broader scholarly and professional communities, including engagement in concerts/performances.
• Ensures the submission of routine reports regarding teaching activities, publications, research, artistry and other scholarly activities of the Dance Programme at the Academy for the Performing Arts.
Qualifications & Experience
• Ph.D. in a relevant discipline from a recognised University Institution (or other terminal degree with relevant combination of experience and training).
• Minimum of between nine (9) and twelve (12) years actively involved in teaching and research at Senior Level (Assistant/Associate Professor) at an institution of higher learning (or other comparable combination of experience and training).
• Demonstrated scholarly activity (publications/presentations/artistry) at a local and international level
• Consideration will be given to professional/ industry experience
• Demonstrated theoretical and professional knowledge of the discipline.
• Demonstrated competence with course content.
• Sound knowledge and demonstrated application of pedagogy.
• Knowledge of Research Methodologies.
• Critical Human Relations skills.
• Exemplary Professional Conduct.
• Highly Developed Leadership and Decision Making skills.
• Strong Financial & Resource Management skills.