Mar 7, 2016
Europe, Middle East, Africa-Hungary-Budapest-Budapest
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
We are currently looking for Financial Analysts to our Budapest office
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinating with global controllers and supporting teams to ensure correct book-keeping of firmwide support service expenses
- Active cost pool reviewing and controlling of support service costs during month-end close
- Preparing Balance sheet and expense account reconciliations for internal audit purposes – (3Rs)
- Monthly reporting: preparing global support service divisional reporting packs with commentary on a monthly basis, and specific consolidated allocation reports
- Preparing Month on Month and Year on Year analysis and commentary for firmwide support service allocations
- Maintenance and cost centre structure updates/reports
- Carrying out tasks related to the job in accordance with the instructions of the superior (ad hoc report)
- Ad-hoc projects
- Completed Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline and availability to work full time (8 hours a day)
- 0-3 years experience related to finance or accounting
- Basic knowledge of finance or accounting concepts
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail, good organisation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office