NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work experience requirements will be considered.
Become a part of our First Transit team as an Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ. This position assists the General Manager in supervising daily operations. In addition, the Operations Manager monitors employee performance, identifies safety issues, and addresses operational needs. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, dental coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Operations Manager major responsibilities:
- Assumes first-line supervision of location employees. Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in the day-to-day operational oversight of location operations, including billing, payroll, routing/scheduling, DOT & state compliance, accounts receivable and accounts payable, recruitment, and hiring location employees.
- Ensures drivers have the daily documentation necessary to complete their routes. Ensures completed charter documentation for processing. Coordinates field trips by the assignment of personnel and vehicles. Ensures vehicles dispatched are in proper working condition and daily DVI (pre and post-trip) forms have been submitted.
- Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations. Acts as a backup member of Dispatch or Scheduling team.
- Develops manpower requirements for Dispatchers, Operators, and assists with evaluating trip patterns for run structure revisions.
- Recommends and disciplines operations personnel. Interviews necessary drivers and staff and completes customer complaint investigations
- Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and customer
- Tracks and maintains employee attendance system, processes driver and operations staff vacation requests. Maintains/orders necessary driver and staff uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes: vehicle on-time statistics, missed runs, customer complaint data, accident data, road call data, and other operations related functions
- Performs all other duties as assigned and may assist with other areas based on location needs
Operations Manager requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in transportation.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Accounting and detailed reporting experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and manage time effectively.
- Ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels, including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and the general public.
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Possess a working vehicle to travel within the service area as needed.
- Meet customer certification requirements in operations software and act as a system administrator to assist in resolving local user issues.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services, and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer, and by doing so, we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.