For this role, OANDA seeks an experienced independent contractor to maintain our Java based frontend trading application. You will join an existing team and have work assigned to you as part of the team’s sprint planning.
Rates ranging from $60 - $65 / hour.
1 Year contract, no defined end date.
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re looking for an opportunity to work with great people in an energetic and open company culture as an independent contractor. Our ideal candidate is highly skilled in their field and can work under minimal supervision. You take ownership of your code and responsibility for what you deliver. You want to participate in the success of your team by solving problems and taking on new challenges.
- Adding new features and fixing bugs in our Java Swing desktop application
- Work independently or collaborate with other team members depending on the project
- Utilizing internal and external REST APIs to manage client/server communication
- Managing the release pipeline and testing builds
- Working with our product manager to gather requirements
- Iterating on designs with our UX team
- Working with our internal operations team to handle support issues
- Work as part of an agile team based in Toronto, working fully remotely for now
- Collaborate with other developers in a healthy team culture environment working on great products
- Improve your skills through code reviews with other team members
- Write impactful code for trading applications processing billions of dollars every day
- Contribute innovative ideas to improve the daily trading experience of thousands of customers
- Have the opportunity to learn GCP
YOU WILL EXCEL BECAUSE OF YOUR:
- Commitment to getting things done
- Thirst for knowledge, hunger to learn, and willingness to take on new challenges
- Passion to deliver results and the best customer experience
- Positive attitude, desire to collaborate, and the ability to communicate effectively with others
- Flexibility in responding to shifting priorities
- Leadership ability, regardless of your level of experience, to identify areas of need and take action
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience using Java
- Demonstrated experience working with frontend applications