Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Deliver and Install GT irrigation controller assemblies
- Deliver and Install GT irrigation pump assemblies with HDPE intakes on centrifugal pump stations
- Submersible irrigation pumps installed on T&C galv. steel or “Certi‐Loc” with use of a mobile crane
- Provide customer training on irrigation pump and irrigation controller equipment integral to our assemblies
- Participate with sales personnel in product demonstrations
- You will support pump assembly production in the Sanford production facility as needed
- Job will require some overnight travel throughout the Penisular of Florida and some overtime
Skills We Are Seeking
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of project management including scheduling and supervision of sub‐contractors
- Strong knowledge of irrigation pumps, VFDs and pump control logic
- Familiar with National Electrical Code (NEC) and how to work safely around pump control panels
- Must be skilled operator of both a mini‐excavator and mobile crane
- Excavation and Backfill of INTAKE and DISCHARGE trenchs will involve use of HAND TOOLS
- Must a strong awareness of electrical safety
- Must have a positive attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of experience in irrigation installation in commercial application
- Must have written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate level knowledge in irrigation or municipal type centrifugal and submersible pumps
DESIRABLE CERTIFICATIONS AND ALTERNATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- State or County Irrigation Contactor License
- Certified in Butt‐Fusion, Electro‐Fusion and Socket‐Fusion welding of HDPE Piping Systems
- Sewage Lift Station pump service technician or Water Well pump service technicia.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.