Requisition ID: 011711
Acts as first point of contact for clients in the Design Center and on the phone by responding in a professional and courteous manner. Manages the rotation of client assistance.
- Greets all visitors and guests upon entering Design Center and provides appropriate assistance
- Learns and uses language of design and home furnishings to assist clients in getting oriented to the store.
- If Design Consultant is not available, may assist clients by directing them on tour of Design Center, reviewing style book, lifestyle projections, and/or booking appointment with a Design Consultant.
- Manages phone traffic including, but not limited to, answering and directing calls, retrieving and forwarding messages from voice-mail and activating messages system at end of the day.
- Schedules appointments for design team members.
- Assists design consultants and Design Center Managers with general administrative and clerical duties required for daily function of business. Maintains up to date files (electronic and paper), prepares follow-up correspondence, maintains various logs, and assignment lists.
- Updates master and design center price pages and product books. Orders memo fabric swatches for clients.
- Organizes client project information.
- Follows up as necessary to insure timely and appropriate service to staff members and clients.
- Perform any other duties as required.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Two or more years experience in customer service support and/or receptionist role, preferably in a design or retail environment.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, a pleasant demeanor along with a professional appearance and ability to work well with people. Enjoys working in creative environment.
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Interested in the field of interior design, fashion and style.
- Proficient in basic computer skills including
- Microsoft office.
- Must be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends if schedule requires.
Ethan Allen has been a leader in the luxury home furnishings and interior design business for more than eighty years. We are a global style authority, spanning twelve countries on three continents. We built our company on a vertically integrated business model that has stood the test of time. We believe our associates are our greatest assets, and that talent, drive, and customer focus should be rewarded. We employ the best in the furniture industry and offer exceptional training and support by utilizing the latest technology and proven business practices.
Ethan Allen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are an E-Verify Employer.