Job Summary and Scope:
Overall scope and purpose of job is to perform warehousing tasks of receiving product, putting away product, picking product (filling orders), preparing product for shipment, general housekeeping, completing appropriate paperwork, operating equipment safely, and in some locations, loading trucks with product.
- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures. Understands unit of measure.
- Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
- Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing.
- Receives, stocks, and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors. Understands warehouse locator system.
- Prepares product for shipment to include packaging for safe shipping, plus labeling and marking.
- Uses tape rope sealing equipment and shrink film.
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies, as well as, established housekeeping standards. Performs equipment safety review. Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
- Operates assigned warehouse equipment in performing the functions of the job
- Participates in annual inventory.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail; accurate and thorough
- Excellent customer service skills (with will call customers, other company departments, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Team player
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- One to two years previous warehouse experience in distribution environment desirable
- Experience operating distribution warehouse material handling equipment (see below)
- Experience working in an electronic/computer work environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement: (Describe any unusual working conditions, such as extreme temperatures, heights, hazardous materials, etc. State percentage of time spent traveling each month, if any.)
- Work performed in unheated and/or un-air-conditioned warehouse. Employee may be exposed to cold, heat, damp, or humid conditions. Will work around moving machinery, such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Will be exposed to exhaust fumes and paper dust. Noise level in work environment often loud.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
EEO Policy US | EEO Policy Canada | EEO Policy Mexico
This description does not attempt to define the job's essential functions as defined by applicable disabilities law.