About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead architecture, design and oversight for the Aspire & GCFO Change portfolio
- Definition and ownership of design and architecture for SAP and bank (non-SAP) for the Aspire & GCFO Change portfolio and integration across other functional domains i.e. Risk, Compliance, Legal, HR.
- Own and maintain the infrastructure roadmap across the workstreams, including transition states
- Facilitate the defining and agreeing of solutions to drive effectiveness and efficiency with representatives from key Business and Technology stakeholders
- Business leadership / defining and agreeing solutions to drive effectiveness and efficiency with Finance and Business / Front Office management
- Close collaboration with other PRC areas – Risk and Compliance but also Regional and line of business management
- Process redefinition and improvement as facilitated by the project delivery
- Ensuring adherence to Program standards (e.g. progress reporting, risks and issues, change control, configuration management, etc.) across the Work Streams
- Document management for design activities – including interface with IT to ensure architecture docs are accurate
People and Talent
- Establish strong relationships between the Finance and T&I Functions to encourage collaborative and transparent working
- Strong governance via senior design forums, and robust documentation and controls
- Consistent Risk and Issue Management
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Lead the Architectural Design area to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Aspire Management Team
- T&I Management Team
- Project leads
- GPO and GPM community
- Chennai operations centre
- Country Finance
- Member of Architecture and Design Forum (ADF)
- Member of Aspire Design Authority (ADA)
- Key member of Transition State forums
- Support to Finance PRC
- Possible Business Management forums
Our Ideal Candidate
- Over 10 years in architectural design and leadership in a multi-regional Investment Banking environment on large scale finance change programs
- Experience financial control and reporting delivery
- Thorough understanding of Project delivery methodologies – Agile, SDLC, Prince
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills covering both senior and operational levels
- Excellent, persuasive presenter. Strong writer
- Exceptional organizational, time management and project management capabilities
- Creativity and ability to think out-of-the-box
- Motivational leadership and interpersonal acumen
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.