About Akron Children’s Hospital
Akron Children’s Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we’re making it easier for today’s busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children’s Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children’s Anywhere app, we’re here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time Days, Evenings and Weekends as Needed
This is a hybrid work from home, work in office position. The ability to work from home may change per business needs.
The Development Coordinator cultivates and solicits individual and corporate donor prospects who are capable of contributing gifts ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Represent Akron Children's Hospital to donors, prospects, employees, patient families and volunteers as part of the overall effort to raise awareness of and generate support for Akron Children's Hospital.
- Prepare written and verbal presentations and proposals and deliver information to potential funders, represent ACH at events, donor meetings and check presentations.
- Responsible for all written communications with donors, such as letters and emails, stewardship reports and email messages to coordinate donor visits with leadership.
- Secure outright gifts and upgrade annual gifts from individuals and corporate donors via personal meetings, telephone, direct mail, and online solicitations ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. With an annual fundraising goal for $125,000.
- Build relationships and facilitate increased giving from individual donors via invitations to personal meetings, tours of the hospital, special events and other interactions.
- Follow-up actions related to fulfillment of proposals.
- Serves as a liaison to volunteer fundraising committees, advisory boards, and foundation boards, attends meetings, special events, and community events as a representative of the hospital as assigned.
- Assists with select development events/activities directly related to cultivation activities.
- Aids with fundraising projects as assigned
- Individually or as part of a team, personally solicit gifts.
- Track and manage information/strategies pertaining to an annual gift portfolio in Raiser's Edge.
- Accurately and timely recording and documentation of conversations and contacts with donors, volunteers, Board Members, physicians, and other hospital management.
- Recording of all strategies, plans and proposed solicitations in Raiser's Edge.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in fundraising with a proven record of successful results is required; healthcare fundraising is preferred.
- Experience with donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship is required.
- Travel and valid Ohio driver’s license is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Database management software is required; Raiser’s Edge software is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field is required
- Years of relevant experience: 1-year fundraising minimum is preferred.
- Certification: Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred,
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: