- Engage and inform local audiences
- Join the leading publisher of print and digital news brands
- Work alongside top journalists and build a career as a specialist writer/producer
Accountable, driven, creative and forward thinking you will deliver stories that engage and inform local audiences about the property and home improvement market. You will source and produce high quality real estate news and lifestyle content for a variety of digital and print brands. You will be part of a Sydney-based NSW team within a larger national team of journalists.
What’s the role?
- Inform NSW and national audiences of news and trends in the property market
- Produce engaging, accurate real estate and home improvement content under the direction of a senior team of editors and reporters
- Build an in-depth knowledge of real estate issues
- Manage key stakeholders and juggle various projects within your team
- Maintain an active network in Real Estate by building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- This is a digital-first journalism role within a cross-platform team
- Includes scope to work across both digital and print publishing
Who are you?
- Several years of journalism experience with a keen interest, if not experience, in the property market
- Digital publishing skills including SEO and data analysis
- Strong journalism skill set: interviewing, writing, reporting in a daily news publishing environment
- Capability in WordPress and Methode is advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborative environment
- Opportunity for a reporter/producer to build a career in a highly valued area of specialist journalism
- Opportunity to be contribute to innovation in reporting and storytelling
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
- Employee discounts with multiple brands including BMW, Qantas, Apple, Samsung etc.
Who are we?
News Corp Australia is the nation's largest media company operating over 150 household brands across print, digital and multimedia including The Australian, news.com.au, Kidspot, and body+soul and Vogue, plus innovative media products such as Storyful and Unruly.
We are also proud to be a central part of News Corp, a leading global network of powerful brands including Fox Sports, Dow Jones, Harper Collins, Realestate.com.au and The Wall Street Journal.